HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

In my AMD Vision Engine Control when I click on software update, it says that I have the latest updated software, does this mean that I have 12.6 ?

I am not able to play fifa 13, any ideas what could be the cause?

john12

Broken In

In my AMD Vision Engine Control when I click on software update, it says that I have the latest updated software, does this mean that I have 12.6 ?

I can play FIFA13 smoothly in high res. maybe u don't have the correct setup

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

the software comes from HP. You can check version number there. It should be 12.4. 12.6 was announced by AMD and HP mayn't added it to their download list. BTW remember it is AMD Catalyst Mobility driver and not Catalyst Driver. Install Catalyst driver and your laptop will no longer boot.

have you tried both GPU: discrete & dual/IGP? BTW what happens when you try to run FIFA13?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

^ I have not fiddled with the GPU settings.

When I click on fifa 13, it freezes at the point just after the logo is displayed. Any guesses how to resolve this?

duke123

In the zone

^ I have not fiddled with the GPU settings.

When I click on fifa 13, it freezes at the point just after the logo is displayed. Any guesses how to resolve this?

Most probably problem with the setup you got..

<if you have a personal query, use PM>

Last edited by a moderator:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Suggestion of piracy or posting links might lead to bans. Be careful.

sandeep23

Broken In

Got a response from HP Redemption cell. I opted for only 2nd free extended warranty. My documents were delivered to them on Oct-20 and they responded back on Oct-22 :)

Dear Customer
Redemption Code: XXXXXX

Notebook Serial Number: XXXXXX

This is with reference to your registration at Back to Campus under HP Back to Campus offer, we would like to update that we have received your claim documents on 20-October-2012 and the same is approved for extension of warranty offer on your notebook, subject to adherence of offer's terms and conditions.
Processing and issuance of warranty certificate would take 3 weeks from the date of submission of claim documents at HP Redemption Cell.

You can also see latest update of your claim visiting at www.redemptionsupport.com.
In case of any further query or assistance, please send us email at notebook@solutions-intg.com.

Thanks & regards,
HP Redemption Cell

Last edited:

anky

Youngling

thanks chaitanya for reply...:)
but i want to ask one thing that i have heard that using a cooling pad affects your hard disk..!
is this true.?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Most probably problem with the setup you got..

<if you have a personal query, use PM>

Well I don't think that the problem lies with the setup because my friends using not even a dedicated GPU on thier PCs were able to play fifa 13 but I am not.

duke123

In the zone

Well I don't think that the problem lies with the setup because my friends using not even a dedicated GPU on thier PCs were able to play fifa 13 but I am not.

our lappy is more than capable of handling FIFA 13..anky is already playing at high settings..so i meant it might due to some software issues..if you check some forums,torrent sites etc there are people who have faced same problem as yours...

Last edited:

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Yeah i searched the web for almost a day about this problem but could not get any solution.

duke123

In the zone

AMD has released some latest drivers AMD Catalyst Software Suite Version 12.10 ..This Catalyst version supports notebooks with switchable graphics and Enduro technology .. :cry: ...They have mentioned so many improvements over the previous versions in the release notes page...

if any one is planning to update they can update ..i have installed without problems but didnot see any performance jump since 7600M series doesnt have enduro support..

*imageshack.us/a/img40/54/amdvision.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img690/3888/weiox.jpg

lets hope we get Enduro support in future versions..

Last edited:

anky

Youngling

no..i mean which one?
32 bit or 64 bit?
bcoz there are no aero in home basic.:(

LoneWanderer

Broken In

Max Payne 3 is running smooth on my current settings but GTA4 is lagging. Someone posted a solution to the GTA 4 lagging problem on the thread but I can't find it. Can someone please tell again?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/159655-hp-g6-2005ax-powered-trinity-22.html

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Will it be of any help if I download the driver updates which have been posted by duke? I mean will it help me in playing fifa 13? Should I update it?

anky

Youngling

@sam9953 - the error which you are getting is very common..many friends of mine are getting this error..
may be the fault of pirated version of the game or whatever..
but this laptop can easily run fifa13..in fact i am playing at high settings and it runs smooth..

Top Bottom