HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

mooon

Broken In
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

no no the sticker at the bottom is for microsoft windows seven..the serial number fo laptop is on cardboard box...you can also find the serial number mentioned in BIIOS,in HP support assistant may be also in the purchase invoice....cut the sticker from box that has the serial number and send it...

this is what has happened to me.. I didn't got the cardboard box when I bought it. They gave me only the bag. DAMN!!! I will have to go and ask for it.

dhiman33

Broken In

Hello all, I bought this lappy today at capital electronics,kolkata in installment scheme..they took 13,200 as downpaymnt and 1800 per month for 12 months..a backpack,one keyboard and one headphone I could bargain..anyways..now pls include me in that list of proud owners of g6-2005ax!! :-D And another thing, do you know if hp is now offering free warranty extension?? What is the process of this?..I need to go to a site? Please let me know the process :p

duke123

In the zone

Hello all, I bought this lappy today at capital electronics,kolkata in installment scheme..they took 13,200 as downpaymnt and 1800 per month for 12 months..a backpack,one keyboard and one headphone I could bargain..anyways..now pls include me in that list of proud owners of g6-2005ax!! :-D And another thing, do you know if hp is now offering free warranty extension?? What is the process of this?..I need to go to a site? Please let me know the process :p

go to this site everything is mentioned there....
Back to Campus

dhiman33

Broken In

Thanks duke, I've just received the lappy but am totally confused over 2 things.. firstly, I can't find the model no. on it's body..just at one place it's written pavillion g6 :-x no "2005ax"..then another BIG problem..it shows 4 gb RAM is installed,but only 3.5 gb is usable.. :-x what is all this sh**? :-(

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HP doesn't like to flash it long model no all over the body like other manufacturers. Near the display G6 is written and thats it.
About missing 512MB ram, Radeon 7640G (APU graphics) requires memory so 512MB is allocated to it.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Guys for you all how long does the battery last?

duke123

In the zone

Thanks duke, I've just received the lappy but am totally confused over 2 things.. firstly, I can't find the model no. on it's body..just at one place it's written pavillion g6 :-x no "2005ax"..then another BIG problem..it shows 4 gb RAM is installed,but only 3.5 gb is usable.. :-x what is all this sh**? :-(

the model number is B3J80PA#ACJ...its displayed in bios and HP support assistant...and regarding memory see here

dhiman33

Broken In

Ok thanks.. :) but does this non-availability or ram would decrease the performance? I mean should I disable integrated graphics or something like that to use that unavailable memory? When I would disable dual graphics and would use high performance mode to play games, would that memory still be unusable? :-(

P.S: It was awesome to see my name in that owner list of this lappy.. :-D

parth1993

Broken In

I am new to this website . I will buy this laptop next week . I like to play games,i was wondering if i am buying the right one. I wanted to ask if this laptop can run battlefield 3,arkham city, mw3 etc. at medium or low settings.

duke123

In the zone

I am new to this website . I will buy this laptop next week . I like to play games,i was wondering if i am buying the right one. I wanted to ask if this laptop can run battlefield 3,arkham city, mw3 etc. at medium or low settings.

i have tried arkham city runs with slight lag at these settings(extreme)..at medium settings it runs smoothly....but core temp will be around 90C...
*img692.imageshack.us/img692/1083/batmandx11disableddualg.jpg

*img42.imageshack.us/img42/1083/batmandx11disableddualg.jpg

Last edited:

parth1993

Broken In

Can we switch between the gpu and ipu? Can we use 7670m separtely ?

mooon

Broken In

i have tried arkham city runs with slight lag at these settings(extreme)..at medium settings it runs smoothly....but core temp will be around 90C...
*img692.imageshack.us/img692/1083/batmandx11disableddualg.jpg

*img42.imageshack.us/img42/1083/batmandx11disableddualg.jpg

Even me, playing Batman Arkham City in high settings ....no lags....very smooth....but as said by Duke, CPU temp reaches 90 to 95C. I play for 2 hours and temp goes to 95 but never more then that.

duke123

In the zone

yes for me exact situation the temperature reaches 90 within 5 minutes of gameplay and fluctuates between 90-95C. the GPU temperature 75-80C..i played continuously for 3 hours but didnt experience any lags...for other low end games(counter strike 1.6,GTA San Andreas) CPU core is about 75C..but i am worried whether this is safe...will it fry the board...??

duke123

In the zone

Can we switch between the gpu and ipu? Can we use 7670m separtely ?

yes..turn off dual Graphics and run game in high performance mode....i tried this with arkham city ..
earlier dual graphhics performance was better(almost double in benchmarks) compared to using only GPU...but after the driver update to 12.8 there is no performance difference ...same benchmarks for dual graphics enabled/disabled....earlier WEI was lower(6.1 and 6.4) when dual graphics was enabled but now its same 6.7 for graphics and aero for dual graphics enabled/disabled..i am now experiencing negligible difference with switching..

Last edited:

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Guys, how do you know the temperature of the CPU or GPU? May I know? I have never been into gaming that is why don't know this.

@Sam please add my name to list of owners as well.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Guys, how do you know the temperature of the CPU or GPU? May I know? I have never been into gaming that is why don't know this.

posted this pic sometime ago. *i.imgur.com/azB4O.jpg this clearly shows that while the GPU remains cool, the laptops heats up and as at that time Trinity was not supported by HWMonitor so the processor readings are missing but i found something. Go to the 550P review at review section, there a similar screenshot is posted of HWMonitor which shows the laptop temperature and processor temperature to be same. So i guess, 90 is proccy temperature or sensor that is placed near the processor.

Top Bottom