HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Hey guys, I have also bought a new HP G6 2005AX, but guys I am facing a lot of problem in partitioning my hard drive, it says something related to dynamic disk, can you guys please help me. If this issue has been discussed before can you please redirect me to it, else please tell me how to make partition of C drive (445 GB) so that I can install windows 8 in future.

vishal12

Broken In

Is there any provision to keep the processor of G6 2005 AX at around 2.5 GHZ at all time? If so how?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ go to AMD CCC and force the processor to run at 1.9Ghz by sliding max and min scale to 1.9Ghz. once turbo kicks in, it'll hit 2.3-2.5Ghz constant, not above that.

mooon

Broken In

Guys, can we install the latest amd catalyst driver 12.8 in this laptop (the release note says that it's incompatible with switchable graphics) ?? Some of you installed it right?

Ronnie012

Earthling

^my cousin also has same problem with videos (too much of pixelation) :(
told him to test with HD trailers, same result, i got him install k-lite codec, vlc player & latest graphics driver (12.8).
pls share your AMD CCC settings here (or profiles).

Hi, here are some sceernshots of my amd quality video settings

amd.pngamd2.pngamd3.jpg

Will these do?

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

FK is offering the extended warranty again: Offer is valid for all customer purchases made Upto 30th September 2012

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Guys, any help regarding the partition problem mentioned by me, in my above post?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

^DONT CHANGE THE DRIVE TO DYNAMIC DISK.
If you do, you wont be able to install Windows 7/8 on it.
Dynamic discs are only supported for:
Windows Vista Business
Windows Vista Enterprise
Windows Vista Ultimate.
Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
Windows Web Server 2008 R2
your HP comes with Home basic.

use this tutorial for resizing.
How To Resize Your Partitions with EASEUS Partition Manager

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

^DONT CHANGE THE DRIVE TO DYNAMIC DISK.
If you do, you wont be able to install Windows 7/8 on it.

your HP comes with Home basic.

use this tutorial for resizing.
How To Resize Your Partitions with EASEUS Partition Manager

What you have told me is a tutorial for just resizing your partition, my problem is something different.

See this:

Anyway so I will go step by step here, first please make me solve this dynamic disk problem and then I will take care about changing C drive partition and keeping Recovery as well.

*i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv231/sam9953/NewPicture-4.jpg

This is how my Disk Management screen appears, I want that I should be able to create an extended partiton of my C drive (like the one i have created, 2GB) so that I can install a new OS and I also want that my HP recovery drive should remain untouched.

*i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv231/sam9953/NewPicture2-4.jpg
When I try to do something with the 2gb drive, it says the above mentioned.

If I click Yes then it says the above mentioned, so what should I do now.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Dynamic discs are not supported by Windows Home Basic

from the screenshot, you have 4 primary partitions, thats the max no. of partitions you can have.
There are three types of partitions: primary partitions, extended partitions and logical drives. A disk may contain up to four primary partitions (only one of which can be active), or three primary partitions and one extended partition. In the extended partition, the user can create logical drives (i.e. "simulate" several smaller-sized hard drives).
Source
you must have got this error msg too
"You cannot create a new volume in this unallocated space because the disk already contains maximum number of partitions."

Go thru this tutorial - Partition / Extended : Logical Drives - Windows 7 Forums
Method 2 = your situation.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Thanks a lot buddy, for giving me that link.

I was able to solve the problem without touching recovery partition.

I am now able to create extended partitions of my C drive, but I have two questions:
I hope nothing is different, now that my C drive is not a primary drive but a logical one. Does it make my computer a little slower? Because I am feeling a very slight lag.
Secondly will I be able to install windows 8 if I make another extension or partition of my C drive. Will windows 8 be installed in it? I mean I want a dual booting system, with windows 7 and 8 as well.
Thanks

Last edited:

Abhii1902

Broken In

Guys m going to buy this laptop the only thing that is bothering me is the build quality of this laptop I want to know it from u guys how is the build quality of this laptop????

mooon

Broken In

I want to avail for extended warranty... Can anyone give me the link??

mooon

Broken In

Back to Campus

Thanks!!:) By the way, where is the Serial number?? At the bottom, I see a sticker of Microsoft where there are two barcodes and some numbers. Which one is the Serial number??

duke123

In the zone

Thanks!!:) By the way, where is the Serial number?? At the bottom, I see a sticker of Microsoft where there are two barcodes and some numbers. Which one is the Serial number??

no no the sticker at the bottom is for microsoft windows seven..the serial number fo laptop is on cardboard box...you can also find the serial number mentioned in BIIOS,in HP support assistant may be also in the purchase invoice....cut the sticker from box that has the serial number and send it...

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Was anybody successful in getting the extended warranty, my time is gone, 2 weeks but still I want to know from you all.

Top Bottom