HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

Piyush

Lanaya
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

true. the left side palm rest gets really hot if you play some demanding game (if discrete GPU is on). I felt it cause i use WASD key combos. But thats the only part to heat up so using arrow keys will fix it but that may spoil gaming fun. keyboard never felt warm irrespective of game or not.

hmm..
one of my friend countered it via USB keyboard
but I may not go that far....will play for 1 hr periods

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

one of my friend countered it via USB keyboard

nice idea :grin:

but I may not go that far....will play for 1 hr periods

no use. as soon as the discrete GPU kicks in, temperature shoots up. But using arrow keys or some other keys at the middle fixed it. When gaming on APU, laptop remains within manageable temperature but that also means you can't max out on any modern game.

mooon

Broken In

is partitioning hard drives really complicated?? I m thinking of doing it by myself. can anyone help me??

Piyush

Lanaya

is partitioning hard drives really complicated?? I m thinking of doing it by myself. can anyone help me??

use GParted software
burn it on a CD
boot it via GParted disk

manage your partitions via easy GUI

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

yea
plus HP is also providing that cooler master cooling pad
the only let down is 3hr battery backup

on the other hand
Samsung --> 5 hrs
Acer--> 6 hrs

iam getting more than 4hrs..in normal brightness....

if you run in power saver mode + reduce brightness to the minimum+ disable dual graphics will give you much better backup( wireless on ) ths will be usefull in criical situation it will be above 5 hr definitly check ths and post back

Piyush

Lanaya

if you run in power saver mode + reduce brightness to the minimum+ disable dual graphics will give you much better backup( wireless on ) ths will be usefull in criical situation it will be above 5 hr definitly check ths and post back

thanks for the feedback
I havent bought this yet
was asking the feedbacks from various end users
looks like this is the deal

luv_u_shark

Broken In

Hi i went to dealer in Hyderabad and the shop fellow has quoted 33k which includes additional warranty ,cooler pad, laptop bag and mouse.Is this deal good.Please tell me

Hi all i have another query and it is regarding Hard disk partition in Hp laptop as recenty i took Hp envy ultrabook and cld not partition as hp already has HP tools and system partition so cannot make another partition .So is it same with HP G6 2005ax as i would like to purchase and make partition in it.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

it shows 7.Xhr remaining if you turn off wifi, lowest brightness, dual GPU off, proccy underclocked at 89-92% battery. Maybe actual backup will be around 6hrs only but still thats more than enough.

Hi i went to dealer in Hyderabad and the shop fellow has quoted 33k which includes additional warranty ,cooler pad, laptop bag and mouse.Is this deal good.Please tell me

yes and i doubt the cooler will nothing but a cheap 200 bucks zebronics pad that doesn't do any cooling.

Hi all i have another query and it is regarding Hard disk partition in Hp laptop as recenty i took Hp envy ultrabook and cld not partition as hp already has HP tools and system partition so cannot make another partition .So is it same with HP G6 2005ax as i would like to purchase and make partition in it.

you'll have to use 3rd party tools to do the partition. read piyush post above.

mooon

Broken In

thanks for putting me in the list Sam ...:)

bdw, I didn't got any card reader. They don't give card reader with it or what??

and what about the extended warranty? Can I still avail it??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

guys, i recommended this laptop for my cousin, he bought thru flipkart, but today when i visit the product page, the 'FREE 1 YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY' is not listed under the offers.
Just want to know how to register the laptop for the extended warranty (free), last time there were HP links given in flipkart reg it.
he ordered the laptop on monday (20-august).
laptops are compulsory in his college (SSN) :eek: :p

duke123

In the zone

guys, i recommended this laptop for my cousin, he bought thru flipkart, but today when i visit the product page, the 'FREE 1 YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY' is not listed under the offers.
Just want to know how to register the laptop for the extended warranty (free), last time there were HP links given in flipkart reg it.
he ordered the laptop on monday (20-august).
laptops are compulsory in his college (SSN) :eek: :p

offer expired on august 15th

duke123

In the zone

hi guys i have updated to AMD Catalyst Driver 12.8....i downloaded from guru3d...WEI improved to 6.7 for desktop performance and 3d buissness with dual graphics enabled....some more performance improvement....
i used AMD Catalyst Mobility 12.8 Win 8 | Win 7 | Vista (64-bit)

Last edited:

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

hi guys i have updated to AMD Catalyst Driver 12.8....i downloaded from guru3d...WEI improved to 6.7 for desktop performance and 3d buissness with dual graphics enabled....some more performance improvement....
its the amd catalyst 12.8 mobility right....?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yes ...AMD Mobility Catalyst....hope it works for you...

can't we use the normal version of AMD Catalyst suite? maybe this explains the weird colour that occurred after updating friends laptop.

duke123

In the zone

can't we use the normal version of AMD Catalyst suite? maybe this explains the weird colour that occurred after updating friends laptop.
The AMD Catalyst Software suit didnt work for me...that was one of the many unsuccessful versions i tried...but my computer didnt crash...AMD vision control center stopped running...
if you visit the release notes page of AMD catalyst software suite 12.8,12.6 it is mentioned that

The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:

Any notebook launched after this driver release.
Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks.

while in 12.6 version its also mentioned
AMD Catalyst 12.6 does not support any Mobile APU. Support will be added in AMD Catalyst 12.8.
somehow i got lucky to install 12.6 version...maybe this means 12.8 will install without problems for all..

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ yes i read that. looks like double trouble for me. downloading the pc version and then the mobility version, though my laptop is still a month away.

aakash.mukherjee

Right off the assembly line

nice idea :grin:

no use. as soon as the discrete GPU kicks in, temperature shoots up. But using arrow keys or some other keys at the middle fixed it. When gaming on APU, laptop remains within manageable temperature but that also means you can't max out on any modern game.

Hey i am really irritated by the dual graphics...pls tell me the way how to totally disable 7640g! i never will want 2 use it...i m willing to do any hacking/cracking/tweaking in any way but i only want to use 7670m...i m not a beginner so u cn suggest little tough ways also... :)
Should I disable 7640g in device manager under control panel? will that help? becuz i dont think amd vison software is any helpful...
cheers,
aakash

mooon

Broken In

even me I got Toshiba hard disks. :(

is it good or not??

and did anyone got the multi card reader? I didn't got it.

thank you..

even me I got Toshiba hard disks. :(

is it good or not??

and did anyone got the multi card reader? I didn't got it.

thank you..

Top Bottom