magnet

Youngling
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

And if that happens
we will have 3 year warranty
1st year - accidental
2nd year - offsite
3rd year - onsite

just hope they have not disqualified us for this offer.

and by the way did you get your carepack from hp ?

2nd year must be onsite and last year offsite...How come 2nd year one has trouble going to service centre and in final year they will come to your place to take peice for repair.

rish1

Cyborg Agent

^ yeah thats bizarre but we have already purchased 2nd year warranty for rs 1133 which is offsite one
and if we purchase this 3rd year warranty for 700 then it will be onsite one.
unless they apply their heads this will be the case

akbsol

Broken In

aakash bro i think this is different as the warranty in the redemption offer is offsite warranty..
And this is onsite .
Secondly some other guy posted in other thread that his local hp authorised dealer was giving 1 year warranty for rs 700 with this laptop.
I didnt believe it at first but after seeing this i believe him now.

anyway the point is if this is not a redemption offer. We can also avail the warranty for rs 700. And if that happens
we will have 3 year warranty
1st year - accidental
2nd year - offsite
3rd year - onsite

just hope they have not disqualified us for this offer.

and by the way did you get your carepack from hp ?

Are you sure redemption offer is offsite one? Caz I didn't see offsite or onsite mentioned on any of the offer pages. No I haven't received it yet but my account got debited of rs. 1133 yesterday only so I hope they will be processing it in coming days.

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!

@Akbsol can you tell me the make model and specification of the ram in hp g6...
how much will it cost to upgrade to 8Gb from hp store.

far

Keep Going!

this extended one year warranty is offered by hp on certain models.offer of this month. additional 1 yr can be purchased for 1133. so u can get up to three yrs..

far

Keep Going!

what you mean what???...go check hp world

akbsol

Broken In

@Akbsol can you tell me the make model and specification of the ram in hp g6...
how much will it cost to upgrade to 8Gb from hp store.

Its a 4GB DDR-3 1600MHz (Model: PC3-12800) OEM piece with micron chips (memory). Price to upgrade at HP stores varies from store to store. I had tried 4 stores and they had quoted between 2-2.5K. I feel like they do charge a premium on upgrades such as these. Alternatively you can buy a compatible piece like this one:

G.Skill SQ DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBSQ) | Ram | Flipkart.com

from market or online and insert it to make your ram 8gb.

rish1

Cyborg Agent

aakash bro i read it somewhere either here or somewhere else that the warranty provided under 1133 was offsite one. Though i am unable to find out where i read it... Will check out after calling hp

anoopjylive

Broken In

Thanks bro. WIll wait for ur detailed explnation n some screenshots of the game if possible :razz:

Can the owners of this machine pls help me out with a few noob questions.

As i understand there is one usb 2.0 port and two usb 3.0 ports

My questions are

• If i use any decent exteranl usb keyboard and mouse for gaming(which will be usb 2.0 i guess). How can i connect them? Will they work with 3.0 ports too?
  • If i use any usb dongle for net like photon+. Will it work with 3.0 port?

Someone help me with this pls
Thanks
Here is a coupla screenshots..I tried three different graphics settings

*img818.imageshack.us/img818/5218/mp31u.jpg
Game initial screen

*img7.imageshack.us/img7/5920/mp32r.jpg
Game initial graphics settings.This is the first setting i played on.But couldn't get a smooth play.There was lag right from the Menu screen.

*img502.imageshack.us/img502/7431/mp33j.jpg
Difficulty :mrgreen:

*img843.imageshack.us/img843/7334/mp35c.jpg
Screen 1

*img521.imageshack.us/img521/729/mp36c.jpg
Screen 2

*img825.imageshack.us/img825/2482/mp39.jpg
Yet another screen.
Ok here i changed the settings to this below:

*img59.imageshack.us/img59/9929/mp38.jpg
Second graphics settings.

*img545.imageshack.us/img545/1743/mp37.jpg
Game restarted to the new settings and the same above scene on new settings.

*img521.imageshack.us/img521/3569/mp310.jpg
now the game has some cool visuals like in the previous one and it gets better.
Ok lemme tell you this settings too didn't work like i expected.No major game play difference.So i changed to the third settings.

*img684.imageshack.us/img684/4148/mp3finalsettings.jpg
New graphics configuration

*img23.imageshack.us/img23/527/mp3st.jpg
Main Menu

*img72.imageshack.us/img72/197/mp311.jpg
Level 2

*img651.imageshack.us/img651/2223/mp3dead.jpg
And finally 'GAME OVER'.. :-( lol..

Now the third config was definitely better than the first two.But still wasn't the best.Again i couldn't get time to fiddle with the settings for an optimal configuration.A balance of graphics and performance.Hope somebody will spare some time and post here.. :)

And regarding your other queries hope you are clear.USB 3.0 is backward compatible.No issues.I have the bundled cheapo mouse and i guess its USB 2.0 (if not 1.1 lol) and it works like a charm on all the ports (3.0 and 2.0).Only thing u need to install the 3.0 drivers.I have tested USB 2.0 external HDDs and pendrives too.

Last edited:

Gtb93

In the zone

Hey.
@Anoop, so these settings, I mean the third one was it like pretty smooth gameplay with no lag?

General:
Uhm, Can anyone try running any callofduty series for me? If it's too much to ask I'm sorry!

closertohell

Right off the assembly line

@All,

Thats some review to the depth!

Thanks..

Well, I am a newcomer here..and in the world of laptops too..and I was doing some research in finding a god(good) laptop in 30-40k range..

I had narrowed down on three of them:
Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN (1gb nvidia 520mx)
Asus K53SM-SX010D (2gb nvidia 630m)
and the protagonist of this thread here: HP G6 2005AX

Well.. I personally liked this third lappy but I have some doubts..

I would like to have some clarifications on below points:

1. I went through some reviews in flipkart which said HP lappys are not durable and tend to get some or the other issues soon.

2. The whole heating problem explained in this thread, does it regard the heating of our lap(if its placed on our lap) or some part of the lappy?

3. Can I format it entirely and install W7 Ultimate 32bit with my own partition configurations(c:~100gb d:~400gb)? Would doing so increase its performance(Take Windows Experience Index for performance measurement as example..) since the architecture now is 32bit..?

4. While if I am able to complete the 3rd point above, can I install the drivers
and tools in that c:\sw** folder (where the setups are in default WHB 64 bit OS), in my new 32 bit OS? Those drivers and tools wont b compatible with 32bit right? If they aren't, from where can I get them for a 32bit OS?

5. Can u explain the default graphics settings? I didnt understand crossfiring n changing it to single mode n all that. Do these need to be done from Windows through a sw?

6. Regarding graphics, I usually would watch HD movies parallelly and would b surfing with 10-20 tabs in Opera alongwith playing COD MW or Black Ops..Can the graphics n d processor handle all these?

7. What is TurboCore?? I guessed it has to do something with overclocking...
The freq of the AMD proc is just 1.9GHZ which is very very less! Can I overclock it? How is the normal way to use this lappy then? to use turbocore software? How will I overclock it? and if I do, would it affect the battery, or other hardware or more HEATING?

8. Flipkart has some very nice offers with this..can u explain me the warranty terms like onsite , offsite , accidental and extended? I mean, what do these mean? I am really sorry but I am new to laptops and dont know about these critical things..

Please forgive me for being such a noob..but I guess u would help me with this situation I am in..:oops:

psych.ed

hey guys i m new here :)
Reading all your reviews about the amd trinity i set my mind to buy this laptop.
I m gonna use it mostly for photoshop and mainly image rendering in 3ds max. As for gaming, i m not hardcore but i play games like cs 1.6, prince of persia and the sort.
So guys help me out! Will G6-2005AX suffice my needs??
And will it hold for 3 years?
And about the RAM card...this model uses a 1600MHz one...so will the Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB work in this laptop?

rish1

Cyborg Agent

@duke123 did u get 2 years additional warranty for rs 1133 ????

anyone who has the info regarding extending warranty on this lappy please share with us like price , where to get it , terms and conditions

thanks

duke123

In the zone

@duke123 did u get 2 years additional warranty for rs 1133 ????

anyone who has the info regarding extending warranty on this lappy please share with us like price , where to get it , terms and conditions

thanks

i gave 700rs extra to dealer and he told he will manage it total laptop price was 33k ...he told warranty updation is a slow process but eventually we will get it...you can do it manually also please visit
www.hp.com/in/backtocampus ....

if you want more details contact HP customer care service as i didnt go into details.. i already confirmed on g6 2005ax...added warranty was just a bonus...

i purchased my laptop on july 13th but when i checked warranty status today it says standard warranty start date 26-06-2012
expiration date 26-08-2013...does warranty start from date of purchase...???

closertohell

Hey duke,

Really dont know how to thank u...

That was a nice n patient explanation from u.

But can u tell me if its overclockable or not because som ppl were talking that in some high performance mode, it comes to 2.3ghz n all dat?? What is this thing then?

And I agree with ur point that 64 bit is better than 32..but then 32 bit has lessr dependencies right? also, for programming and development, i use 32 bit W7.. so i kinda am stuck on 32 bit..so can u clarify on that point?

Just one more query..Is there an additional RAM slot? So I was thinking I wud get a 4gb RAM also along with this lappy..

rish1

Cyborg Agent

that sucked for me ..

purchases made after 7th july only

1 year additional warranty is free for which i paid rs 1133

and 3rd year warranty costs rs 1133 which i cannot get .

akbsol , gg , anoop bro we should file a case against them ... lol... ha ha

anybody in favour of requesting them ??
anoop bro what about u man ? i guess you purchased it after 30 th june and before 7 th july . right ? if you are willing to take any action , i am with you bro

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I m gonna use it mostly for photoshop and mainly image rendering in 3ds max. As for gaming, i m not hardcore but i play games like cs 1.6, prince of persia and the sort.
So guys help me out! Will G6-2005AX suffice my needs??

depends on your budget mainly. Under 35k this is the lone laptop that offers a powerful GPU and a moderate proccy. So photoshop will easily be handled by it but no idea about rendering. Else you'll have to raise your budget to 40-42k where there is G6 2006TX.

And about the RAM card...this model uses a 1600MHz one...so will the Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB work in this laptop?

no. the ram you linked is desktop ram. Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM . this will work.

psych.ed

@Sam
Thanks for the reply :)
Well my budget is 40k...Asus K53SM-SX010D was another model i was looking at. But i havent seen any asus service centre at my place so i decided on buying this one. Btw do u think Asus K53SM-SX010D is better than G6-2005AX?

Also i've heard that in "high performance mode" g6-2005ax runs constantly in 2.4GHz? is it true?

Top Bottom