HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

akbsol

Broken In
Re: My review of HP G6-2005AX laptop having AMD A8-4500M Trinity processor..

aakash bro did you get any confirmation from hp regarding warranty ?

I received a confirmation mail from them today:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Redemption Code: xxxxxxx

Notebook or Desktop Serial Number: xxxxxxxxx

This is with reference to your participation under HP Peace of Mind offer, we would like to update that we have received your claim documents and the same are under validation. The Carepaq shall be dispatched post approval of the claim.

For any further query we request you to kindly send your email at notebook@solutions-intg.com

Thanks & regards,

HP Redemption Cell

parashar91

Broken In
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Hi, I purchased this laptop today. First impression is really good, but Im kind of pissed off with the reseller for not providing the driver CDs. I need to upgrade Windows 7 but I cant till I have the drivers and i think it'll take quite long to download.

I also find the horrible partitioning very unsettling. A C: Drive with 445 GB is just so riveting.:-x

akbsol

Broken In

Hi, I purchased this laptop today. First impression is really good, but Im kind of pissed off with the reseller for not providing the driver CDs. I need to upgrade Windows 7 but I cant till I have the drivers and i think it'll take quite long to download.

I also find the horrible partitioning very unsettling. A C: Drive with 445 GB is just so riveting.:-x

You can find all the drivers and utilities in C:\swsetup folder. Yes the default partitioning is absurd and re-partitioning is going to be messy with already existing 4 primary partitions.

no idea...which sticker they want.i have sent them the cut out of the sticker which was on the latop box.. :(
enyone plz enlighten me..??

They need that black sticker on the side of the box.

zain

Right off the assembly line

@akbsol
You talking about the whole barcode sticker which was on the outside pasted on the carton box...?

I have sent them the same one..

akbsol

Broken In

@akbsol
You talking about the whole barcode sticker which was on the outside pasted on the carton box...?

I have sent them the same one..

Well my box had 3 stickers on side. 2 white paper labels and a black plasticy one in the middle of them with serial number, model number and a bar code. Are you sure you sent them this black one?

rish1

Cyborg Agent

thanks aakash bro i couriered them the documents around 28 june. so mine will take some time ..
zain bro you had to send the black sticker which has barcode for serial no not the white one which has 3 barcodes

man that sucks they require those docs within 2 days ..

guys do not install 12.7 official beta drivers the performance is increased but
it is giving me problems

while on plug everything runs fine but on battery it shows the amd display driver has stopped working and has recovered then within 1 minute system freezes i cant even move the mouse but hdd lights keep blinking and the temps were changing in hwinfo

the only way is to force restart by holding power button on plug i have not encountered problem. and it is has started happening since yesterday when i installed the new drivers.

1 more thing aakash bro can you run hwinfo64 and tell me what are your normal clock speeds while on plug . my is 2.3 ghz even at idle i was playing with overclocking (doesn't work ) and underclocking yesterday so settings might have changed...

mods request you to please change the name of thread to hp g6 2005ax owners lounge . it sounds better
btw great job in merging the posts from diff threds into one. it looks clean now

Last edited:

akbsol

Broken In

1 more thing aakash bro can you run hwinfo64 and tell me what are your normal clock speeds while on plug . my is 2.3 ghz even at idle i was playing with overclocking (doesn't work ) and underclocking yesterday so settings might have changed...

here is the screenshot:

*i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/g62005ax/hwinfo.png

rish1

Cyborg Agent

thanks bro was that screenshot on plug with high performance mode . right ??
and was the bar in cpu power in amd catalyst was at maximum at plugged in mode ??

Last edited:

akbsol

Broken In

thanks bro was that screenshot on plug with high performance mode . right ??
and was the bar in cpu power in amd catalyst was at maximum at plugged in mode ??

Nops dude. In was in a tweaked balanced mode. In high performance it stays continuously at 2.3GHz and that is whats expected from that mode.

zain

Right off the assembly line

thanks rish and akbsol :cool:

i am going to post them through DTDC prime time plus

they will deliver them on monday itself. coz tommorow is sunday :(
but the mail says within 2 working days.soo i guess i can gamble :O

but just to double check..is this the one you talking about..??
------------------------
pavilion g6
g6-2005ax
*amd quad core A8.......

there is a barcode having serial number below and there is an energy star marking on the bottom.(black colour long sticker )
--------------------------
let me know urgently have to post before 1 pm today

thanks in advance :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent

sorry if i am late no not this one

its on the other side between 2 white stickers that has serial no and product bar code

its a small black sticker

guys recommend the best cooling pad for this laptop under 800 rs
the cooler master lite is for 14 inch laptops .
i am planning on getting a usb vaccum cleaner for rs 100

this one
??USB VACUUM CLEANER MINI for Laptops.Netbook,Mobile Phone, Keyboard etc?? | eBay

do recommend other options also

far

Keep Going!

infibeam has increased its price from 31.9k to 32.8k making flipkart look like a better deal with couple more goodies....bad marketing idea infibeam ..still you dont have a certified buyer review for this model on your site...

rish1

Cyborg Agent

those who want to know about the heating issue ..

The temperatures were

after 2 hours of gaming in following
Halo 2 - on battery 58 c
- on plug 66 c

nfs undercover - on battery 56c
- on plug 71c

cod 4 mw - on battery 54c
- on plug 68c

crysis 1 - on plug 69c

on idle on battery - 41c
on plug - 49c

while watching 720p sherlock holmes movie
on battery -43c
on plug - 51c

while benchmarking
3dmark 11 max temp was 83c it stayed around 78c
windows ei max temp was 85c it stayed around 80c

will post more as i play games
the above temp are when room temp was 40 c with a single fan . Lappy was on bed with just a book under it..

the thing is if the vents are block it gets heated in that part on 41c

but while benchmarking i lifted the laptop to provide air flow and on 80c the whole chassis was cool and i was amazed how cool it really was though the heat comming out was very hot which is a good sign how effective the cooling is.

but while on bed one or the other vent gets blocked Even after placing a book , haven't used a stand or cooling pad.
one more thing the temp are same when gaming for 10 min and when gaming for 3 hrs..

the games were played on igp .. But while benching both gpu were used so naturally more heat..

on plug i was on high performance mode where cpu ran at 2.3 ghz even on idle.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..

guys I am noob. plz tell me at what temp modern laptops should operate (normal use & gaming)?
coz the only one heating issue is stopping me to buy 2005ax.

rish1

Cyborg Agent

anoop bro can you tell me how is the performance of the cooling pad on this lappy. How much temp was it able to bring it down both at idle and at stress...
Also please tell me your model also thanks..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

guys I am noob. plz tell me at what temp modern laptops should operate (normal use & gaming)?
coz the only one heating issue is stopping me to buy 2005ax.
There is no heating issue.

During gaming, all modern laptops sensors will report to hit 80. It's normal. But the point is, heat being exhausted like Rish explained.

Empirial

Youngling

Dear HP G6 2005AX Users, Anybody here tried to install Ubuntu & Backtrack? Did you face any errors or hardware incompatibility issue while using Ubuntu or Backtrack?

girishpaiv

Journeyman

can this lap handle AutoCad smoothly?
Does auto cad need a faster processor??

duke123

In the zone

Dear HP G6 2005AX Users, Anybody here tried to install Ubuntu & Backtrack? Did you face any errors or hardware incompatibility issue while using Ubuntu or Backtrack?

you must have latest kernel version 3.4 which has support for trinity...
Ubuntu Linux Tutorials, Tips & News: How to Install New Kernel on Ubuntu

Top Bottom