hp ipaq 512 messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
i hv an hp ipaq512 messenger......it is gprs compatible....bt the problem is that the airtel guys say tht the paticular phne is nt compatible with thm,,,,i think...if manual settings are done correctly in any device thn the gprs shld work fine..im i right???
if iam thn pls help me out with the manual settings of the phone for airtel gprs..!!

pls pls pls help..!!

thnks in advance..
manan

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
It is very much possible. I remember there is one more thread on this topic in which I had replied. Search for it please.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
It is very much possible. I remember there is one more thread on this topic in which I had replied. Search for it please.
buddy i found it...*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92690&highlight=ipaq+512+gprs
bt the solution in thre doesnt work out for me..!!!
pls help.!

Pat

Beyond Smart
This is the one I was talking about. The thread shows how to configure it on ppc phone edition, but the basic idea remains the same for touch-screen phones.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86319

Get the details from Customer Care (or someone from this forum) about details like APN, Proxy etc. I have been out of this scene since 8-10 months and have no idea of the current settings. Which city are you from ?

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
This is the one I was talking about. The thread shows how to configure it on ppc phone edition, but the basic idea remains the same for touch-screen phones.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86319

Get the details from Customer Care (or someone from this forum) about details like APN, Proxy etc. I have been out of this scene since 8-10 months and have no idea of the current settings. Which city are you from ?

im from delhi only..!!

bolo bhaiyon...pls help me out..!!

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Go to [Start]
Tap [Settings]
Tap [Connections]
Tap [Connections]
Under [My Work Network] tap [Manage Existing Connections]. If this is not present tap [Add a new modem connection]
Tap [Edit]
The [Select a Modem] drop-down box should be set to:
[Cellular Line (GPRS)]
Tap [Next]
The [Access Point Name] should be set to: airtelworld.com or airtelfun.com (not sure..confirm the Access Point Name by calling customer care)
Tap [Next]
The [Username] should be set to blank (no username)
The [Password] should be set to blank
Leave [Domain] blank
Tap [Advanced]
On the [TCP/IP] tab, only [Use Server-assigned IP Address] should be selected
Tap the [Servers] tab
Only [Use Server-assigned IP Address] should be selected
Tap [ok]
Tap [Finish]
Tap [Proxy Settings]
Tap [Advanced]
In the [WAP] field enter: 100.1.200.99
In the field to he right of this enter: 8080
In the [HTTP] field enter : 100.1.200.99
Tap [ok] 4 times and exit

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
Go to [Start]
Tap [Settings]
Tap [Connections]
Tap [Connections]
Under [My Work Network] tap [Manage Existing Connections]. If this is not present tap [Add a new modem connection]
Tap [Edit]
The [Select a Modem] drop-down box should be set to:
[Cellular Line (GPRS)]
Tap [Next]
The [Access Point Name] should be set to: airtelworld.com or airtelfun.com (not sure..confirm the Access Point Name by calling customer care)
Tap [Next]
The [Username] should be set to blank (no username)
The [Password] should be set to blank
Leave [Domain] blank
Tap [Advanced]
On the [TCP/IP] tab, only [Use Server-assigned IP Address] should be selected
Tap the [Servers] tab
Only [Use Server-assigned IP Address] should be selected
Tap [ok]
Tap [Finish]
Tap [Proxy Settings]
Tap [Advanced]
In the [WAP] field enter: 100.1.200.99
In the [HTTP] field enter : 100.1.200.99
Tap [ok] 4 times and exit
ill try tht mate..and thn tell ya...newys thnks fr helping..!!
regards
manan

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ It might not be exact. Come on yaar..Try to put some effort by comparing to the options on ur phone to the one in my post. It should work.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
^^ It might not be exact. Come on yaar..Try to put some effort by comparing to the options on ur phone to the one in my post. It should work.

the problem is that i cnt get it done...by doing almst the same settings..
the same settings in perfect format i found on othr websites as well...so im sure wat u gave is perfect..and wat i did is also correct..
bt the error shown is
"The Remote Party has ended the connection."

Pat

Beyond Smart
which means that either of this is true:

a:> GPRS is not active on your connection. (Test it on some other "officially" supported phone)

or

b:> You are using the wrong apn. Confirm from customer-care which apn should you be using.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
which means that either of this is true:

a:> GPRS is not active on your connection. (Test it on some other "officially" supported phone)

or

b:> You are using the wrong apn. Confirm from customer-care which apn should you be using.

apn is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom