HP dv6-6121tx

ayush3000

Broken In
Hello everyone, I was looking to buy a laptop under Rs 60,000 and I found out about the 6121tx, which had great specs.

However, recently I saw a post on the forums about the 6165tx model, which was having a better processor and was almost the same price. When I clicked on the provided link to Flipkart.com, I found that the name was listed as 6164tx but everywhere else it was referred to as the 6165tx.

Also, on googling the 6164tx, I found a laptop with only an i3 processor.

The 6165tx is also not listed on HP India either.

First could anyone clarify about the 6165tx and 6164tx? Also could someone recommend a shop where I can buy either the 6165tx or 6121tx in New Delhi for a reasonable amount?

vickyrathore

Broken In
IF u r buying 6165tx(an American dv6 model) model it is better if u wait a little bit because of the continuous change at flipkart regarding 6165tx model and also HP customer care agent don't have any knowledge of 6165tx model.for 6121tx model go ahead u can go to HP world in delhi and try to bargain 6121tx model cost u approx 55.5K and on strict bargaining cost u about 54.6K.

vickyrathore

Broken In
thanks for the reply :D

Btw would you have any idea abt when 6165tx will release officially in india?
there is no predefined date of release but u can talk to Customer care agent of US about this product and delivery ,my suggestions is buy from online shopping website because buying directly cost you very much.

Capt.Aditya007

Right off the assembly line
HP dv6-6165tx

Hey guys, bought a dv6 6165tx yesterday for 58500 and I must say its one heck of a laptop. Awesome quality. But I guess I'm facing some problem with the ATI GPU. It always shows the Intel HD GPU when I check dxdiag. Does it switches automatically or am I actually facing a problem??

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Re: HP dv6-6165tx

Hey guys, bought a dv6 6165tx yesterday for 58500 and I must say its one heck of a laptop. Awesome quality. But I guess I'm facing some problem with the ATI GPU. It always shows the Intel HD GPU when I check dxdiag. Does it switches automatically or am I actually facing a problem??

Update your BIOS. Then go into BIOS and change the graphics property from dynamic to fixed. Then you will be able to switch between Intel HD and ATI manually.

About the build quality, it is not at all awesome. So handle carefully.

Last edited:
Top Bottom