hp compaq presario sr5110il

nithesh123

Broken In
Guys i am planing to buy "hp compaq presario sr5110IL" which is a 5 year old computer from my friend.

I have a Dell XPS L502X and dont have a Desktop as of now n i am currently running my lappy 24/7 for torrent download and my laptop runs at 65 degree Celsius.

So i wanted to take the above mentioned Desktop from my friend for 4k which includes LED monitor and the full CPU.

i would usually use the desktop for torrent downloading and if possible i would upgrade the HDD and put one graphics card and try to play medium games.

Desktop Specification : HP Compaq Presario SR 5110IL

So is it good enough to buy it????

Thanks in advance... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
no dude it is not good.if you put any good graphics card,it will easily get bottlencked by cpu.and it is old mobo which has pci e 1.0a so modern pci 2.1,3.0 gpu have some issues of incompaibility,so i suggest donot buy,save up more in future and get good assembled desktop

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
Thanks ASHISH65... So gaming is off the chart... So how about running torrent 24/7 and watching movies in it???
I am buying as i can get the whole system with monitor for 4k n i dont want to risk my laptop running 24/7 as its kinda high end laptop[Dell XPS]...

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Its an outdated PC.... What you can do is Get the PC for 4k and change the proc , mobo and ram
Intel Pentium G2020
ASUS P8H61 M LX
Corsair Value 4 GB RAM
Total at 7.5K

You can do little gaming with it as well

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
Sainatarajan Thanks dude... i got Dell XPS which could play most of games in medium settings....
I just wana know if i will be able to run 24/7 for torrent.... :) Which i think mostly yes.... gona buy the PC for 3k... :D :D its a good deal right???

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
^^ in case you want to use it for downloading torrents do consider the fact that it will take far more power (electricity) than your laptop. If you have an android phone, you can download torrents on it (not sure about iOS or WP)

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
Electricity.... no probs... :D As dad gona pay.... anyway i am using Laptop directly with powersupply[without battery]... so even laptop gets power 24/7 so i dont think it would be much change in electricity. :D

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
oh... i like having big PC than downloading it in mobiles as they tend to heat up very fast.... Thanks by the way.... :D Can u guys please suggest RAM and a WIFI modem??? i require RJ-45 port for input from the phone wire and same RJ-45 for connecting to system...

And my desktop would be in first floor n mostly i will be using my mobile in ground floor so i need signal strength for 1 floor... :D So suggest a good one at the same time low cost as i wana spend as less as possible....

Top Bottom