Hp 6165tx vs Dell Inspiron

n64freak

Broken In
What would be a better buy, the HP 6165 ( I found a place where it still is in stock, and they sell it for 59k) or the Dell Inspiron Special edition? Cause, for much the same price, the dell seems to better. My only purpose will be gaming, as far as this discussion is concerned. Which is a better GPU, the one in the Special edition (Radeon 7730) or the one in the 6165 (Radeon 6770)?

rider

as Kratos
What would be a better buy, the HP 6165 ( I found a place where it still is in stock, and they sell it for 59k) or the Dell Inspiron Special edition? Cause, for much the same price, the dell seems to better. My only purpose will be gaming, as far as this discussion is concerned. Which is a better GPU, the one in the Special edition (Radeon 7730) or the one in the 6165 (Radeon 6770)?

Dell inspiron 15R SE is a 2012 model with new and better processor and graphics.

rider

as Kratos
and probably you have come to know, this years' xps 15 L521x is also a big time failure. the machine has serious throttling issues.

The market share of dell is at 4th position, above that acer, lenovo and in the top hp.

Asus is at 5th, its market is boosting day by day.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
^^ the problem is dell is trying to become another apple. seems like they have developed an altogether different road map this year. they tried to move the xps lineup into premium segment, because that's where the real money lies. they introduced special edition inspiron series to fit the mainstream category. the problem lies here, with such a vast portfolio they aren't many choices left interms of configurations. leave the engineering issues aside, they don't want to offer a a good gddr5 gpu in inspiron series as that would be a killer for xps series. and they also should make sure that xps won't become a gaming machine as it would hinder alienware sales. when they reach a balance in lineups, there will be ofcourse other companies like hp offering better configurations at aggressive pricing.

and between dell 15r se and dv6, i would recommend dell. i'm not sure of the performance difference between the two gpus, if ddr3 7730m is better or at par with gddr5 6770m, then definitely dell.

rider

as Kratos
and between dell 15r se and dv6, i would recommend dell. i'm not sure of the performance difference between the two gpus, if ddr3 7730m is better or at par with gddr5 6770m, then definitely dell.

Both 6770M 2GB DDR5 and HD 7730M 2GB DDR3 are almost same in performance and benchmarks. And the 6770M model has been officially discontinued 3 months ago it is 2011 model, so their is no need to compare in 2012 and 2011 laptop models, its totally unfair and illogical, obviously new one with 3rd gen core-i7 would be better at same price.

I checked my HD 6770M in benchmarks recently it compares with 640M in 3DMark scores. Thanks to its updated drivers.

rider

as Kratos
Source ? Is it for Indian market or Global ? I though Dell was at first place :-?

No, hp is no.1 selling pc brand from years globally, it just drop to 2nd in 2010 for few months but cover it up. Though market share has been decreased much in Q2 2012 from last year but still no. 1 in selling.

Top Bottom