How to use broadband internet of PC in mobile (moto e) non routed android phones?

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Hi friends,

I want to use my broadband connection which is working in my PC in my android mobile. One option which I know is to switch over to wifi modem or to wifi adopter.

Is there any other way to do it for my moto e which is not routed, I mean through any software or usb ?

Regards

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
simplest way is to buy a wifi dongle and make your PC a access point. but that would be counter productive as you have to keep your PC on. USB reverse tethering would require root access.

I recommend buying a cheap wifi router. you should be able to get new one <Rs. 700 or you can go for a second hand one.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I can't change the modem as the broadband is at my office and not at my home. So other options please...?

Some type of software etc for teethering like done in pantech burst

ajayritik

Technomancer
I can't change the modem as the broadband is at my office and not at my home. So other options please...?

I guess you need to take authorization from the network guy in office.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

do you use a Laptop or PC? I see that your mentioned PC in the title but still confirming.

If you can root the device then you can use reverse USB debugging. else you need to buy a Wifi Dongle and connect it to your PC and make it a hotsopt. these are the only two options you have.

EDIT: IF you are using a laptop then you can make your laptop as a hotspot. my colleagues use this method to browse the internet in my office. using office wifi to browse on mobile is banned in my office :p

- - - Updated - - -

Moved to networking.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

xiaomi phone manager has that option its called reverse tethering try googling reverse tethering...........

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Thanks to all for the replies. Can anyone suggest me a good but cheap wifi dongle for connecting to my Desktop PC for using it in mobile. How is this:

[h=1]Wayona 150Mbps 1T1R Wireless Mini USB Wifi Adapter, 2.4Ghz, 802.11n/g/b, Soft AP [/h]
By Wayona

Junglee: wifi adapter for desktop

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks to all for the replies. Can anyone suggest me a good but cheap wifi dongle for connecting to my Desktop PC for using it in mobile. How is this:

[h=1]Wayona 150Mbps 1T1R Wireless Mini USB Wifi Adapter, 2.4Ghz, 802.11n/g/b, Soft AP [/h]
By Wayona

Junglee: wifi adapter for desktop

Looks good. has good user rating too. Before ordering, just check the steps involved in creating a AP using a dongle, Just be sure you understand the steps involved.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Sir, what does "creating a AP using a dongle" mean?

AP - Access Point. its necessary that you know how to create/configure access point using the dongle on your PC.
tagging [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] for more inputs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
to create AP using dongle on desktop one must have admin rights on that pc & usually the company domain account is a restricted account.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Thanks but I have checked the administrative rights of the PC and they are with individual user in our off.

So kindly suggest me a cheap Wifi adopter for the same?????

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
which one of these is better and what is the difference between these ?

TP-Link 150 Mbps Wireless N USB Adaptor (TL-WN727N) - Buy @ Rs.555/- Online | Snapdeal.com

TP-Link 150 Mbps Mini Wireless N USB Adaptor (TL-WN723N) - Buy @ Rs.589/- Online | Snapdeal.com

*www.amazon.in/TP-Link-TL-WN725N-150Mbps-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B008IFXQFU

TP-Link TL-WN823N 300Mbps Mini Wireless N USB Adapter (Black) - Buy TP-Link TL-WN823N 300Mbps Mini Wireless N USB Adapter (Black) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

Sonusaini

Right off the assembly line
hiii friends m sonu saini....simplest way is to buy a wifi dongle and make your PC a access point.....;-)

Top Bottom