How to run games in 64 bit mode??

I

impmd

Hi all,
I just installed Assassin's Creed Revalations on my 64 bit Bwindows 8 machine. But it was installed in the Program files(x86) folder...
It means the game is installing in 32 bit mode..
How can i install and run it in 64 bit mode??
Please reply...

doomgiver

Warframe
it does not matter.

play the game as it is.

anyway, you cannot run it in 64 bit mode. the devs wanted it to run in 32 bit mode, hence its installed in the 32-bit folder.
32-bit/64-bit hardly matters in games anymore.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well you can't do anything about it. FYI most games gets installed in that folder by default. I haven't seen a single game which gets installed in my Program Files. :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't think the installation folder appears as x86 means the game will run on 32 bit mode. But I'm crazy, that's why I remove that x86, and install it without it.
I also want to know, if a game is really running on 64 bit, how to make sure, just using x64 OS will do, or anything else?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^
A game (or at least most of these games we play) are 32-bit applications. Meaning to say, the instruction size this application issues to the processor (via the OS) is 32-bit in length.
A 64-bit OS installed on a 64-bit instruction-understanding processor is capable of executing both 32-bit instructions as well as 64-bit instructions.

The game does not run in 64-bit because 64-bit or 32-bit is not a mode of running, its just the length of the instructions that particular application issues.

Take for example, MS Office 2010 - it has both 32-bit as well as 64-bit versions - the latter will only work on a 64-bit OS, because all its instructions are 64-bit long and a 32-bit OS will not understand those.
However, the 32-bit version will also run on 64-bit OS since 64-bit OS can understand both 32-bit long as well as 64-bit long instructions.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
But it was installed in the Program files(x86) folder...
It means the game is installing in 32 bit mode..
How can i install and run it in 64 bit mode??

all games till now gets installed in x86 folder by default or u can change the program files during installation (but doesn't matter)
but some apps have both exe for 32 bit & 64bit or 32/64 bit installer (eg: CCleaner,ATI Radeon Catalyst,Antivirus etc)

don't bother about it much as it will automatically run pretty fast on x64 OS

Top Bottom