HoW To RiP MoViEs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
HoW To RiP Free MoViEs

This tut will show you how to easily rip movies and then convert them to a divx format. There are of course alot of different settings that can be changed but that is the users preference and I will not mention them here. This tut will show you an easy way to rip a movie and keep it fairly high quality.

The steps and programs used are:

1. DVD Decrypter - Removes DVD protection and creates an ISO image.
2. Daemon Tools - Will allow you to mount the new image.
3. DVD Shrink - Will pull video and audio off the iso and make the file size smaller.
4. Dr. Divix - Will encode the dvd shrink file to make it a divx movie.

Open DVD Decrypter and then select your drive letter:
Also select the Destination Folder for the file to go into.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/e34d0b8607.gif

Then Navigate to the menu bar and press mode, iso, then read.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/c886e57b20.gif

Now Click the start Button and wait for it to finish. When it does you can close this program.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/88553cdd97.gif

Run daemon tools and it will show up in your toolbar.
Mount the image by right clicking on the icon then virtual cd/dvdrom drive, then device 0 and finally mount image. *Note the drive letter Shown*
Navigate to the file that dvd decrypter made and mount it.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/63f63300da.gif

Run DVD Shrink and click on open disc. Select the drive that daemon tools mounted the iso file on.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/449e507658.gif

Click on the Re-Author button and then right click on title 1 and press add

*www.game-image.com/uploads/4107ecc59d.gif

Now click on the compression settings tab and select the audio type that you want. *The bigger the file size shown then the better the audio*

*www.game-image.com/uploads/fd69d48e4a.gif

Select custom ratio from the drop down list and use the slider to make the file size whatever you want. Now go to the edit menu and press preferences.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/fe1f4950e0.gif

Once your in preferences click on the output files tab and then uncheck split vob files. Then press OK.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/8475c5f29a.gif

Now click analysis and let that finish. Once its done press Backup.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/e3bd911063.gif

In the back up window select the folder to save to then press OK.
Now wait for it to finish and close the program.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/3c2b28d83d.gif

Open up Dr. Divx and then open the file that dvd shrink just made.
Choose which quality settings you want *you can play with this part alot*
Rename the file
Then press encode.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/917bbaf0b9.gif

Now click on the file and press resume. Sit back and relax now because your all done.

*www.game-image.com/uploads/28687bdd3b.gif

I hope this helps anyone who is new at doing this. Like I said before there are alot of different ways of doing this and alot of different settings you could use but this will give you a solid footing to grow from.

Note:This is No COPY-PASTE work frm anywhere so No source link and In case you Copy-paste this Tut to anywhere else leave the Credits to me as i have taken a Lot of time in making this Tut which is mainly helpful for the Noobs:p

Last edited:
OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
techtronic said:
Use can also use Auto Gordian Knot:) instead of Dr.DivX

DIDNT U Read this :

Code:
Like I said before there are alot of different ways of doing this and alot of different settings you could use but this will give you a solid footing to grow from.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
good wrk rakesh ... but is the output wide screened and clear as most of the movies available on the internet u know which

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
mAV3 said:
good wrk rakesh ... but is the output wide screened and clear as most of the movies available on the internet u know which

It depends on the settings which u have to customize and test but the above mentioned tut is for giving u a decent picture quality with a decent size;)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
ADD "FREE" to the heading, rakeshishere, 'cause, as a matter of fact, we can simply use Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn on a K-Lite Mega Codec installed machine to get similar results to user-specific file sizes.

Funny, the whole tutorial gets condensed into 2 simple software. Easy & faster.
Uhmmm.. also costlier... 2300/-. But u do get a free trial key for some time.

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
koolbluez said:
ADD "FREE" to the heading, rakeshishere,

I will accept ur statement regarding the addtion of "Free" and i have done it

'cause, as a matter of fact, we can simply use Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn on a K-Lite Mega Codec installed machine to get similar results to user-specific file sizes.
Funny, the whole tutorial gets condensed into 2 simple software. Easy & faster.
Uhmmm.. also costlier... 2300/-. But u do get a free trial key for some time.

DIDNT U Read this

Like I said before there are alot of different ways of doing this and alot of different settings you could use but this will give you a solid footing to grow from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom