How to remove Tint from Car Windows..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
How to remove Sun Film from Car Windows..

ok tomorrow 5th June is the last day for removing the sun films from you car windows..

Get it out from your local service center will be expensive as they will charge a bomb for removing it. its quick bucks for them..

here are a few videos which shows how to remove the tint using Hair Dryer/ Cloth Steamer/ Steam Iron

[YOUTUBE]EB5rkiiHFw8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]L9vzJDUM5Ag[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3pNq0oYJ5X0[/YOUTUBE]

I hope I saved you lot of money, so now send some of the saved money to me :D

EDIT: I had a hair drier and the method worked. heat should be applied constantly else the "black" material will stick to the glass, but it can easily be removed using any glass cleaning liquid/spray.

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ok sry for hijacking the thread but is tinted windows banned now??Can u add sun film on the windows??Was planning on getting tinted windows for my future car

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
sun film, not tint ;)
& last date is June 5th :p
Thanks for correcting me :p

ok sry for hijacking the thread but is tinted windows banned now??Can u add sun film on the windows??Was planning on getting tinted windows for my future car

Yes... its banned and 5th is the last date for removing it..

My brother said to me that once cannot add sun films to their car now, but can request this to be done by the manufacturer within the legal limits. im not sure about this...

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ok thanks..so basically i have to ask the car manufacturer to tint it within limits then right...so for eg if i get a honda car,i will have to tell the dealer then???

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
tinted glass are allowed, but to certain limits (visibility), sun films are banned, no matter what range of visibility.
However, car manufacturers will continue to tint glasses, as there is no ban on this. For those confused between tinting and film – tinting is adding a tinge of colour to the glass itself during its manufacture, and this is factory fitted when you buy a new car. Sun-control film is an accessory applied to the car after its purchase. The problem with the latter is that it is difficult to tell if the sun film you are buying actually complies with opacity regulations.
Sun film banned from May 19 - News - Autocar India

Shah

Cyborg Agent
ok thanks..so basically i have to ask the car manufacturer to tint it within limits then right...so for eg if i get a honda car,i will have to tell the dealer then???

30% Tinting is allowed. More than that is not legal.

Top Bottom