How to remove the new 'All red' theme at this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Source: My Blog(originally written by Rohan Shenoy)

For old kirsch theme, have a look here.

Apply custom user style to the new ThinkDigit if you didn't like the new 'all over red' theme!

By Rohan on 16/05/08-16:02 IST in Eureka So you didn't like the new 'all over red' theme at the new ThinkDigit forum ? Ok, be cool, I will show you a way to ride over it!

1. Download and install the Stylish addon for Firefox from here. After restarting Firefox, the 'Stylish' icon (looks like and brush on paper) can be seen at the right corner of the Status bar. Status bar is at the bottom of the firefox window.(If the status bar has not been enabled, you can temporarily enable it by View->Status bar. If you can't see the status bar inspite of it being enabled, then maximize the window so that you can see it).
  2. Visit the ThinkDigit Forum (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/index.php). Once the page loads, click on the 'Stylish icon'. Select 'Write styles-> Blank styles'.*www.w3hobbyist.com/files/images/click.jpg
  3. An codebox (see below) appears. In the description field, fill any name you would want to use for. In the larger field below, please copy-paste the below code:*www.w3hobbyist.com/files/images/add_style.jpg

Update, May 17 2008, 8:45 PM:
The CSS file has been updated and can be obtained at post 30 of this thread.

4. Now click 'Save' button to save it. Changes will take effect immediately. If they do not, they will effect after reloading the page.

5. Preview: You new theme will look like something as shown in below linked pic.
Preview 1 Warning: Bitmap(.bmp) format, 972 KB == Bandwidth hungry

Preview 2 Warning: Bitmap(.bmp) format, 1.34 MB == Bandwidth hungry

------------------End of tutorial------------

Note:
  1. I have also learnt that there is a way for doing so in Opera too. So please wait while I write a finished tutorial for all you Opera lovers there.
  2. If you know CSS, simply edit the CSS code and make your own themes. And please share them so on the forums. :)
  3. I plan to add more themes for those feeling that 'the new theme by me is just so simple and plain boring(?)'
More: Changing the small icons for last post, sort ascending/descending

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I knew we could count on u, u deserve a lot of credit, God bless u man, seriously God bless u, u saved us from the stupidity of web developers that india is suffering from, screw u admins! bow down to the great rohan.

no more stupid red font on the forum, yay! awesome, no owrds to describe the feeling, awesome man, seriously awesome

teri toh baat nirali, apna jeena toh jeena tashan mein tsahan mein, tashan mein tashan mein

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
I knew we could count on u, u deserve a lot of credit, God bless u man, seriously God bless u, u saved us from the stupidity of web developers that india is suffering from, screw u admins! bow down to the great rohan.

Seriously !

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ok i found something missing, the go to last post arrow that comes is no more, screenshot:

*img403.imageshack.us/img403/833/67343438ol9.jpg

maybe a piece of code cud bring it back, too?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Way to go Rohan.

Btw, anyway to remove the whitespace(on blocking ads) on the right?
Looks terrible IMO.

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@iMav, ya I have purposely not displayed it because it will be red. It is beyond the control of CSS.

@Rayraven,

No way to remove the right side white bar.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
anything is better than horrific red font, phew! what a relief!

u did a doctors job too, u cured our eyes of the pain it had been subjected to for so long, ouch no smilies too

ray|raven

Think Zen.
@Rayraven,
I agree that this may not be a professional theme but its not bad to get started with. Atleast I my eyes are feeling relieved of the struggle I had to do to read the red over grey text. I have already stated that I am working on improvements and it will take some time.

Dude , the looks terrible part was for the whitespace on the right.
Not ur theme.
I love it compared to the red theme.
Sorry for the mis-understanding.
Btw, i cant see smilies anymore , in the new reply window.

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Dude , the looks terrible part was for the whitespace on the right.
Not ur theme.
I love it compared to the red theme.
Sorry for the mis-understanding.
Btw, i cant see smilies anymore , in the new reply window.

OK! fine! :)

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@iMav and rayraven, please copy paste the CSS code now. I have updated it to show the smilies.
See:
:) :)) :p :?: :D :oops:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
is there anyway we could import images from imageshack?

and yeah the smileys are back :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom