How to remove Linux partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhru_banerjee

Right off the assembly line
I have a dual boot with xp sp2 with Fedora . Now i want to uninstall fedora to claim that space as well as remove grub loader.can ne one pl suggest how to go about it?

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Here is a lot simpler way to do it

1.First Delete the partition which has Linux installed in it. To do Right click on my computer and click on manage. In this click on disk management and format the partition that has Linux

2.Now to erase GRUB boot loader and get back the XP boot loader. Insert your windows XP CD and boot from it. and go to recovery console and execute this command

fixmbr

ignore the warning.

If you feel un secure step 1 and 2 can be interchanged. You can remove GRUB first and then delete partition.

nkparsana

Broken In
Hi BetaWaves,

Thank you very much for ur solution about removing Linux in WinXP...it really works well... everytime whenever I installed Fedora or any Linux distro in winXP OS, and in future if i wan to delete the fedora or linux, then it gav me lot of trouble. but after ur advice about FIXMBR, it works well. Thank you very much.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Hi BetaWaves,

Thank you very much for ur solution about removing Linux in WinXP...it really works well... everytime whenever I installed Fedora or any Linux distro in winXP OS, and in future if i wan to delete the fedora or linux, then it gav me lot of trouble. but after ur advice about FIXMBR, it works well. Thank you very much.

You are welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom