How to remove emails from a text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I have a page full of text and many emails. I need to take out the email id's only.

How do I do that?

sakumar79

Technomancer
Search for @ symbol if you are doing it manually.

If you want to write a program, mention which language...

Arun

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
What I meant is I need to take all the email id's ONLY and use them elsewhere, so I dont have to individually copy each and every email id.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Save ur file as xyz.html & then open it in MS Word.
Now press Ctrl key & select the mail ids which u want to separate. The ease will b that all the mail ids will b shown in blue color so u can easily distinguish btw simple text & mail ids.

I know it's a known trick but didn't found more easy way for that.

sakumar79

Technomancer
You can use regular expressions to search and identify email IDs...

I think
[a-z]|[A-Z]|[0-9]|_|.+@[a-z]|[A-Z]|[0-9]|_|.+ should help you locate email IDs in a search through Regex... You may need a good notepad replacement such as Crimson Editor which has this ability

Arun

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I have this software on my PC but currently I am in a net cafe..as soon as I reach home I will send you the software.

anandk

Distinguished Member
navjotjsingh said:
I have this software on my PC but currently I am in a net cafe..as soon as I reach home I will send you the software.
pls do so :) even i'd like it.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Ok...Will reach home in a little more than hour..will post then. but it does not edit the original file..only extracts the email ids. And not only email ids, it extracts even web urls from a file and saves them as a txt file either separated by comma or spaces!!

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
navjotjsingh said:
Ok...Will reach home in a little more than hour..will post then. but it does not edit the original file..only extracts the email ids. And not only email ids, it extracts even web urls from a file and saves them as a txt file either separated by comma or spaces!!

Please do it early i too need it

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Google zindabad ... Choti si search without ny kharch aur mil gayi application :

*essen-filtor.essen-energy-conversion-devices-pvt-ltd.qarchive.org/

Hope this one serves the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom