How to Recover data from inaccessible drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hi,

How to Recover data from inaccessible drive. My E: drive was working fine till yesterday. But, now when i double click my E: , it says "E: is inaccessible, do u want to format it now?"

And the main thing is that I have my precious data on that drive, so how to recover this data?:(

Pls help me.

Thanx.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
use a BartPE Live CD and boot using this it will allow u recover any data in ur HDD
even if its inaccessible in windows...:rolleyes:

PS: the data shud be there atleast & shud not be deleted :D

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
use a BartPE Live CD and boot using this it will allow u recover any data in ur HDD
even if its inaccessible in windows...:rolleyes:

PS: the data shud be there atleast & shud not be deleted :D

+1 for BartPE.
it surely recover your data.

smile

In the zone
Is it a Hard drive or a pen drive u are talking about E drive:confused: . If it is a hard disk drive then i think it infected with virus...I suggest u to scan in safe mode and enable show hidden files and folder and go to each drive and check the autorun.inf file and delete it..If it is pen drive then Google it u will get a lots of recovery softwares :D

OP
saqib_khan

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
It is a hard drive.

BTW, is there some option to recover data in BartPE CD??

I have this CD. Can ne1 explain me the process?

hell_024

Back on Earth .
Well even i had the same problem ; wen ever i used to boot into XP it used to go for a sys consistency check for the drive ; nd when XP got loaded i cudnt access the drive ; it used to giv me this dialog box "Open with " ..
this happens only wen im in XP not in Vista

However i have no idea how it got alright today; ...i was perplexed wen i cud access the drive .. :?:
can sum1 thro some light on this?..

Zangetsu

Well even i had the same problem ; wen ever i used to boot into XP it used to go for a sys consistency check for the drive ; nd when XP got loaded i cudnt access the drive ; it used to giv me this dialog box "Open with " ..
this happens only wen im in XP not in Vista

However i have no idea how it got alright today; ...i was perplexed wen i cud access the drive .. :?:
can sum1 thro some light on this?..

This happend due 2 virus....it created a file autorun.inf + some other .exe files in the
root directory....& i guess dat file got deleted dats y u got "open with" :D

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
well dear khan,

u hv been attacked by an autorun + vb script virus.

do the following
1. download n install unlocker from www.ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker

2. open MSCONFIG (by typing MSCONFIG in Run)

3. shut off all the NOT REQD progs from the STARTUP list..

4. Restart the system in SAFE MODE.

5. go to that drive. (open by alternate click on the drive and selecting OPEN)

6. select files like "autorun.inf" and "*.vbs"
alternate click on these files and click on UNLOCKER

and finally select all the files in the list which has a connection with the Above vbs or inf files........ AND CLICK DELETE...

U will get an confirmation..

thats it..

reply wid wht u did..

-SUDE

Zangetsu

@karanth85 ..it still makes me wonder what made it fine ..

:D dont be surprised hell_024 there r lots of users who have faced this issue..so u r not the 1 alone....my frnd also got this issue with a "#####%#" type of string in the ryt click
of all the drives....

when we managed 2 open the drives using "explore.." we checked the autorun.inf which
was hidden & dat string was written there...:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom