How to record the video from a webpage discreetly?

My college provides a membership to it's website, where I can watch few of the selected lectures. I want to record them for later offline viewing but I dont know whether they allow this or not. So is there any software that can record these videos without letting my college officials know that the video is being recorded/downloaded??

Record the screen of computer.

Or download flv files.

I tried FRAPS but it only works with games and videos that are being played offline. It does not detect any video that is being played in a webpage !! Any other software which can do this??

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Search for the video's URL in the source code of the webpage. There are tools available to download the video once you know its address.
Example: the URl maybe something like mms://sitename.com/video.wmv . simply use some software to download the video.
AFAIk this would be discrete, they won't know if you are downloading or watching the video.

Search for the video's URL in the source code of the webpage. There are tools available to download the video once you know its address.
Example: the URl maybe something like mms://sitename.com/video.wmv . simply use some software to download the video.
AFAIk this would be discrete, they won't know if you are downloading or watching the video.

hmm ok thanx for the reply. .I will try this

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simply use Internet Download Manager and Try to view those pages in Iinternet Explorer - the integration of IDM works best with IE - you should be able to download those videos with IDM just fine :p

not all links are wmv formats and all browsers do not support that. most common format is the flash (.flv) format which is in form of embedded object. HTML does not recognise any video format or audio. it must be in object format

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDM can download .flv video files with ease - I use it to download video files from youtube

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
open IE after installing IDM. right click on the page, while watching video (if download with IDM doesn't appear above the video itself), select download FLV content with IDm.. and done.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I think download helper addon for firefox will do the trick. And don't worry, they'll never find out that you have downloaded the video.

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
well I use firefox and search the plugin download helper (I have included picture) and go on or if you wish to use some download manager along with video down loader which even provides speed go for download accelerator plus. Its totally free (picture included) works with even internet explorer though in some places It doesn't works but they are minimal.Though there is no such trouble with the download helper.

Last edited:

Psykeeper

Right off the assembly line
Try YouTube Downloader (you can find it at Cnet download).
A free streaming video downloder.

Screen recorder for YouTube

Last edited:

PraKs

Youngling
Bumping old thread, Not creating a new one.

Want to download this video.
Push a Coin Through a Table - Video - Wired

Tried most firefox extension & FVD, Not working

Any help please ?

open IE after installing IDM. right click on the page, while watching video (if download with IDM doesn't appear above the video itself), select download FLV content with IDm.. and done.

IDM can download .flv video files with ease - I use it to download video files from youtube

Sorry for the late reply guys but I was trying to get it to work but failed
One more thing to add, the website only allows IE 7 or 8...no firefox or chrome
And in IE 7 both Flashget & IDM failed to download the video (even tried download all flv content with IDM option but it says no video content found) Any other option left??

PraKs

Youngling
^^
Download this one

Push a Coin Through a Table - Video - Wired

Source code will be too big to paste here, please check & let me know.

Top Bottom