how to make fighter jet model in 3DS Max?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
anyone have any idea i have 3ds max 7 and i want to make a model of a mig -29 i followed the tutorial here but i'm getting stuck at "selecting both sides of the plane" and whenever i try to "cut" my 3-view image into 3 distinct images nothing happens only the image gets distorted when i drag cut tool around
i want to make this model for use as an in-game unit in command and conquer 3 as a mod

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^can you post print screen of your screen? there are tiny toggles here and there that may be diff in the way you are using
generally, click on the plane
click on edit poly
under selection make sure the second option is selected (vertex, that's the red triangle)
>open up the + box next to the edit poly
select opposite edges and do connect, or select the polygon option and then cut. when you cut, you need to click on one edge, and then the next click should be on the other edge

there is an easier way to do all this though, just make three copies of the image with plane and orient them in 3D space, you don't need to cut it up like this at all
you can even cut up the pics in paint first, and apply only that section of the image to plane.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
you can even cut up the pics in paint first, and apply only that section of the image to plane.
i tired but my image gets distorted when i put it in the plane constructed in top perspective (one wing of the jet gets elongated but the other wing is short) side and front work fine though
the size of m top plane is same as my image

Top Bottom