how to make dvd movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
guys help me out.....
i have converted *.mov to *.vob and the quality of the video is quite nice .. almost without any loss . But now the prob is that i dont have associated *.bup, *.ifo files for this video clip with me so as to make a dvd disc... can anyone suggest any software to do this...

puja399

In the zone
I guess u have Nero installed, if yes, use nero express to convert ur VOB files into DVD-Videos.

puja399

In the zone
thadhanihemant said:
u can't convert the videos through nero expres instead u have to use a dvd authoring tool such as nero vision
Right. I should have typed 'Nerovision express'.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
You can go with the simplest way, by using Ulead DVD Movie Factory. It is a 99 MB download, but if you are engaged in such converting activities, it worth a download.
You can use it to make a DVD with the .vob file you have had. You need to change the preference to 'Best' and change the movie setting to 'Do not convert complient MPEG files' - it will prevent the transcoding of your vob file, which is not needed now. ( In fact, you can convert that .mov files to DVD with much better quality in Ulead DVD MF)
Please let me know if it worked.

calvin

Broken In
refer to this link:
*www.videohelp.com/guides.php?formatconversionselect=MOV to DVD

use this software i recommend it:
win aVI video converter
*www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/58/59/

good luck

ishaan

Padawan
sony has dis software CLICK TO DVD also even thats good

and ROXIOs DVD BUILDER is also good

but to use these, ur gonna hafta convert VOB back to mpg or avi or somethin...chek the supported files wid d software

look on google for dvd authoring software ull find many

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
thanx....

guys thanx a lot :D ...... i have achieved what i wanted .... for everyones benefit i will tell the software iam using
using xillisoft video convertor to convert *.mov to *.vob
then using dvd lab 1.3.1 to make a dvd out of that *.vob file....

also one can make use of "ifo edit" to create ifo files but the flaw is every vob file has to be written as VTS_01_1.VOB and that to in CAPS letters :roll:

i do have nero 7 , and nerovision exp 3 but i dont know what was the problem, on importing the video files in nv3 its showing a internal error and iam unable to add the video. :?
amazingly while making a miniDVD it gets imported but the first frame of the movie shows on the screen throughout the movie with audio running fine. :oops:
so now its a two step method for me... but both the softwares are quite nice ... whats pinching me is only if somehow i can add additional audio tracks onto the movie when iam opening it in dvd lab 8)

go4saket

Thanks hansraj! I too had the same problem...

But is there any other software that can help me to make a Video DVD from the .vob files. I have a slow connection and downloading DVD Lab means waiting for hours and regular disconnections before I get it downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom