How to make boot cd for pocket linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

h4xbox

Journeyman
How should i make a boot cd when iam having the image file(for boot floppy)

Pls be fast and help me !! Thanks

vipul

Broken In
U can Make a boot CD via NERO 6

Just choose bootable data disk and then insert ur floppy disk and just burn it with ur other data files..

OP
H

h4xbox

Journeyman
Samsung writers and LG writers have different nero. So it wont be the same for the ppl...
And the other thing is tht samsung is with me and lg is with my pal. i have worked on both.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
To create a boot floppy out of a Floppy image use rawrite.exe

See if this helps you to create bootable media:

Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 For Intel x86
Chapter 4 - Obtaining System Installation Media

*www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-downloading-files

OP
H

h4xbox

Journeyman
@GNUrag:
I asked boot cd and not boot floppy.... Can u make the boot cd if i give the images of pocket linux... i mean the iso which can be burned to make a boot cd ??

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
what error did u get while trying to burn the cd with the floppy image file ?? . try to make a floppy disk itself with the floppy image and then try to run nero using floppy as boot image . Did u check for an option called emulate floppy in nero ?????? try testing the options , with and without emulation . using a cdrw , if u dont wanna waste cdr . i think u can even test out bootable cds with virtual pc .

try this MKBISO found here : *www.terabyteunlimited.com/utilities.html

OP
H

h4xbox

Journeyman
I tried boot cd option , floppy emulation etc. But still sucks...i cant do it in a floppy becoz i wasted three of em just for this one. The floppy seems to be in bad conidition after a single boot. It also does not allow p-linux to boot..it says something like "KERNEL PANIC". Thats why i want cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom