How to make an EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

demoninside9

Broken In
Hi friends,
I have made a web application with the help of VS 2005.
I used MS access as backend database.
Anybody can tell me that how can I make an exe so that anybody can install in their system.
If u knw how to so pls reply. I 'll very thankful to u.

redhat

Mad and Furious
You mean you want to create an installer??
I dont know about S2005, but VS6.0 had a option called package and deployment wizard that could do the needful.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
After we have developed our windows apllication,we want to make a exe.
follow steps.
1. Go to file menu > click Add > new project >now “Add New Project” Dialog appear.

2. Select “Other Project Types” and click “Setup and Deployment” projects,Choose “Setup Project”give name project name in name text box finally click OK.

3. New project appear in solution explorer,for example you give the name “Myexe”. It will display with this name.

4.right click the Myexe > go View > click “File System”

5.Now we can see the “File System on TargetMachine” under three folders
Application Folder
User’s Desktop
User’s Program Menu

6. Select Application Folder and right click Add>Project Output>select Primary output

7. select User’s Desktop richt click on the second window>click create new shortcut>select output file from Application folder>change the file name from primary output name to Myexe

same procedure follows the user’s program menu also
8.If you want to change the Manufactures name for exe,just right click the project go to properties

change the properties as per you requirement
9. Finally Build the new project After successfully Build the project Myexe (Setup) will be appear in Application Debug or Release folder(depend upon the properties settings).

Note: When you want to install the EXE on the client machine,you should be installed .NET Framework on that mc because,Applications and controls written for the .NET Framework version 2.0 require the .NET Framework Redistributable Package version 2.0 to be installed on the computer where the application or control run. Source

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom