HOW TO MAKE A COMPUTER RECEIVE A TELEPHONE CALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishita

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Has anyone have any idea on

HOW TO MAKE A COMPUTER RECEIVE A TELEPHONE CALL USING VISUAL BASIC 6.?(OR EVEN USING vb6 TAPI control)> Please do help me.

D

dinesh_singh

man i was in search for it too......
but i culdnt find any soft.
if u get one please tell me too.
enjoy

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Could you state more precisely what you want to do?

Bcoz you can make , receive , answer , record telephone conversations using third party software like Advanced Call Centre etc.

I don't think Visual Basic can be used for that though you can always code your own program for that which would however be very complex. :lol:

Advanced Call Centre - *www.voicecallcentral.co.uk/download/acc.exe

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Basic steps to receive and record a call using TAPI is outlined here. But yes, coding your own VB app may be a little complex.

Captain Digit

Broken In
Hi,

Has anyone have any idea on

HOW TO MAKE A COMPUTER RECEIVE A TELEPHONE CALL USING VISUAL BASIC 6.?(OR EVEN USING vb6 TAPI control)> Please do help me.

The thing which you are looking for sounds near to Telephone Answering Machine.

If you are ready to use Third Party control rather than Hard Coding it on your own , then ExceleTel TeleTools will help you to get what you want. These tools are NOT FREE.

There is one more component called Phone.ocx which ships with Microsoft Speach SDK. If you have installed it , then you will find it in your VB Controls List. The componenet is FREE but very poorly documented.

See if this information helps you.

Have a Nice Coding !

agent007bond

Broken In
Compuphone - A new idea of convergence

Is there any software that provides you with the facility to use your computer like a REAL TELEPHONE? Both softwares mentioned above are call recorders and answering machines, therefore do not satisfy. I want a software that will let me use my computer like this:

When someone is calling, my computer notifies me of it, I click 'Answer' button (like u do in mobile phones) and then I use my speakers/headphones and mics to speak to the caller.

When I want to call, I enter the number (or choose from Tel Diary) and the modem dials, and when the other person picks up, I use my spk/headphs and mics to converse with him/her.

Now that's pure convergence!

expertno.1

Technomancer
the answer is

if u r using windows xp then

go to program files and then go to windows nt directory and click on dialer

dialer is the software which will allow you to do this in xp

Charley

Just Do It
expertno.1 said:
the answer is

if u r using windows xp then

go to program files and then go to windows nt directory and click on dialer

dialer is the software which will allow you to do this in xp

how would u identify whether someone is calling ?

Shouldn't the computer be switched on throughout the entire day if u were to receive a call.

expertno.1

Technomancer
dude he has asked to receive calls using computer

so there is need to siwtch on the computer whole day!!!!

also

to know who is calling u will need to use modemspy and dialer simultaneously

one will allow you to talk adn the ohter will tell you who is calling you

agent007bond

Broken In
okay guys i tried my best to explain what i wanted but... it seems u still don't understand! dialer (in windows nt folder) only lets u dial a number. it dials the number, then asks u to pick up the phone n click the "Talk" button!! why all this drama while u can just push the buttons on ur phone!

i have searched wherever i can for such a software: one that will let you use ur computer as a 100% substitute for a telephone (on a normal telephone line, not some high funda stuff u may b thinkin of!!).

of course, for those who are concerned: u really don't have to keep the comp on the whole day! the idea is to avoid getting up from the front of ur computer when u are workin on Word document, playing a game or doin sth on computer, while the telephone rings. haven't u read the article on convergence in digit jun 05?

more examples: compare to a mobile phone: suppose u r playing Snake or Space Cadet in ur Nokia(r) and someone calls. the phone automatically pauses the game and gives u a notification, u can then choose to Answer the call or reject it. And where do u speak to the caller? in the mobile phone! u don't go to ur landline and pick up the reciever! (unlike the "Dialer" application) Note: pausing the game need not happen in computer.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
ur easiest soln 2 dis is download ezVoice.....it recieves n makes calls or even it acts as ur answering machine...callers voice wl be recorded in ur pc.....just need to set it up....so gud luk
cheers.

agent007bond

Broken In
it recieves n makes calls

i dont want the software to recieve calls for me! i want to recieve calls using the software!! (like i recieve call using the telephone)

okay i guess its time to abandon this quest. :p

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
dudie....u need not leave dis quest unsatisfied....i meant that......it recieves calls on ur command..."and u use ur pc speakers and microphone to answer calls no need 2 bother ur phone set".....or u can even set auto recieve or auto answer where u can record ur greeting for the caller....try it...gud luk
cheers....

vijaythefool

In the zone
for this ur modem must also be capable
*www.dlink.co.in/dlink/Products/Modem/dfm562e++.htm
have a look at this external modem . u have not mentioned the type of connection .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom