1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

HOW TO MAKE A COMPUTER RECEIVE A TELEPHONE CALL!

Discussion in 'Mobiles and Tablets' started by Ishita, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ishita

Ishita New Member

Hi,

Has anyone have any idea on

HOW TO MAKE A COMPUTER RECEIVE A TELEPHONE CALL USING VISUAL BASIC 6.?(OR EVEN USING vb6 TAPI control)> Please do help me.

2. dinesh_singh

dinesh_singh Guest

man i was in search for it too......
    but i culdnt find any soft.
    if u get one please tell me too.
    enjoy

3. abhishekkulkarni

abhishekkulkarni New Member

Could you state more precisely what you want to do?

Bcoz you can make , receive , answer , record telephone conversations using third party software like Advanced Call Centre etc.

I don't think Visual Basic can be used for that though you can always code your own program for that which would however be very complex. :lol:

Advanced Call Centre - http://www.voicecallcentral.co.uk/download/acc.exe

4. Nimda

Nimda l33t n00b!

Basic steps to receive and record a call using TAPI is outlined here. But yes, coding your own VB app may be a little complex.

5. Captain Digit

Captain Digit New Member

The thing which you are looking for sounds near to Telephone Answering Machine.

If you are ready to use Third Party control rather than Hard Coding it on your own , then ExceleTel TeleTools will help you to get what you want. These tools are NOT FREE.

There is one more component called Phone.ocx which ships with Microsoft Speach SDK. If you have installed it , then you will find it in your VB Controls List. The componenet is FREE but very poorly documented.

See if this information helps you.

Have a Nice Coding !

6. expertno.1

expertno.1 New Member

7. agent007bond

agent007bond New Member

Compuphone - A new idea of convergence

Is there any software that provides you with the facility to use your computer like a REAL TELEPHONE? Both softwares mentioned above are call recorders and answering machines, therefore do not satisfy. I want a software that will let me use my computer like this:

When someone is calling, my computer notifies me of it, I click 'Answer' button (like u do in mobile phones) and then I use my speakers/headphones and mics to speak to the caller.

When I want to call, I enter the number (or choose from Tel Diary) and the modem dials, and when the other person picks up, I use my spk/headphs and mics to converse with him/her.

Now that's pure convergence!

8. expertno.1

expertno.1 New Member

the answer is

if u r using windows xp then

go to program files and then go to windows nt directory and click on dialer

dialer is the software which will allow you to do this in xp

9. Charley

Charley Just Do It

how would u identify whether someone is calling ?

Shouldn't the computer be switched on throughout the entire day if u were to receive a call.

10. expertno.1

expertno.1 New Member

dude he has asked to receive calls using computer

so there is need to siwtch on the computer whole day!!!!

also

to know who is calling u will need to use modemspy and dialer simultaneously

one will allow you to talk adn the ohter will tell you who is calling you

11. agent007bond

agent007bond New Member

okay guys i tried my best to explain what i wanted but... it seems u still don't understand! dialer (in windows nt folder) only lets u dial a number. it dials the number, then asks u to pick up the phone n click the "Talk" button!! why all this drama while u can just push the buttons on ur phone!

i have searched wherever i can for such a software: one that will let you use ur computer as a 100% substitute for a telephone (on a normal telephone line, not some high funda stuff u may b thinkin of!!).

of course, for those who are concerned: u really don't have to keep the comp on the whole day! the idea is to avoid getting up from the front of ur computer when u are workin on Word document, playing a game or doin sth on computer, while the telephone rings. haven't u read the article on convergence in digit jun 05?

more examples: compare to a mobile phone: suppose u r playing Snake or Space Cadet in ur Nokia(r) and someone calls. the phone automatically pauses the game and gives u a notification, u can then choose to Answer the call or reject it. And where do u speak to the caller? in the mobile phone! u don't go to ur landline and pick up the reciever! (unlike the "Dialer" application) Note: pausing the game need not happen in computer.

12. speedyguy

speedyguy Active Member

ur easiest soln 2 dis is download ezVoice.....it recieves n makes calls or even it acts as ur answering machine...callers voice wl be recorded in ur pc.....just need to set it up....so gud luk
    cheers.

13. agent007bond

agent007bond New Member

i dont want the software to recieve calls for me! i want to recieve calls using the software!! (like i recieve call using the telephone)

okay i guess its time to abandon this quest. :p

14. speedyguy

speedyguy Active Member

dudie....u need not leave dis quest unsatisfied....i meant that......it recieves calls on ur command..."and u use ur pc speakers and microphone to answer calls no need 2 bother ur phone set".....or u can even set auto recieve or auto answer where u can record ur greeting for the caller....try it...gud luk
    cheers....

15. girishtare

girishtare New Member

16. Chirag

Chirag bang bang!

Use IVM Answering Machine. It is the best. It came with DIGIT in April 2005 DVD

17. vijaythefool

vijaythefool New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.