How to make a bootable CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
U can create user-customized Windows XP bootable CD from 'Windows Unattended CD creater'. Search on google. If I give u details then it will be pyracy.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
arrey download 'Windows Unattended CD creater'. xp bootable image is included in that software. u can make user-customized Windows XP bootable CD. If u want to make xp bootable cd from burning software like nero u should have bootable image. try this link

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@kaushal

U can make bootable cd wit Linux without issues. U can refer to Open Source thread for details. But wit XP, it is piracy.

zachariasmokom

Right off the assembly line
Kaushal Hiwarkar said:
I have Win XP SP2 CD but it is not bootable . How can I make it bootable. Plz sugg
Start My Computer and make a note of the name of your Windows XP CD (my CD happens to be named WXPVOL_EN because it's a volume licensed version of XP Pro, but yours will likely be different). Then, eject the XP CD and place a burnable CD (CD-R or CD-RW) in your CD burner, and dismiss any autorun dialog boxes XP might display.
Now, you're ready to burn your new, bootable Windows XP SP2 CD. How you do this will depend on the CD writing software you use. In this section, I'll examine Nero Burning ROM 6 . Please note, however, that the latest version of Easy Media Creator, version 7, will not work. I'm looking into workarounds. If you're interested in my advice, Nero is the way to go.

Step 5a: Make a bootable XP SP2 CD with Nero Burning ROM 6

First, start Nero Burning ROM and choose CD-ROM (Boot) from the New Compilation's Boot page. Then, under "Source of boot image data," choose "Image file" and select C:\Microsoft Corporation.img by clicking the Browse button. Then, select the option titled "Enable expert settings (for advanced users only)" and change "Kind of emulation" to No Emulation, and change "Number of loaded sectors" to 4. The "Load segment of sectors" option should remain at its default value of 07C0. When this step is completed, the Nero Burning ROM application should resemble the following:
*www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/xpsp2_slip_06.jpg
Now, select the Label page in Nero Burning ROM. Under "Volume label, ISO 9660" enter the name of your CD (WXPVOL_EN in my case). When completed, this page of the dialog should resemble the following:
*www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/xpsp2_slip_07.jpg
Now, click the New button. The New Compilation dialog disappears and the main window of Nero Burning ROM is available, as shown here.
*www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/xpsp2_slip_08.jpg
On the right side of the application, in the File Browser area, navigate to C:\xp. Then, select all of the files inside of that directory and copy them over to the new CD, as shown here:
*www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/xpsp2_slip_09.jpg

Now you're ready to burn the CD. Click the Burn icon in the toolbar, or choose Recorder and then Burn Compilation, and then click the Burn button. Nero will cache the files and then write them to disc.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
^^ or use Windows Unattended CD Creator.
Havnt come across ne "unbootable geniune Winxp cd"

@enticer

Chk ur boot options in BIOS n set boot order wit ur CD/DVD drive b4 ur HDD. U mite also need to press a key to boot frm CD/DVD.

bhutbhut

U-ME=NOTHING
Download the following file from th link given below.
*rapidshare.com/files/39785800/Boot.zip.html

Copy the entire content of your XP CD into your harddisk. Open nero or some other CD writing applications which able to write botable disk. Now follow the instuction given by Zachariasmokom and enjoy your bootable Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom