How to lower the ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toofan

Technomancer
Friends I am playing some online games like. Wolfstiene Enemy Teritory, Urban Terror, COD 2. But many times i get error message that Only low ping are accepted. Can any one tell how to lower this ping.

I have BSNL 299 plan.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Then which one I am asking for a tutorial. If its wrong then mods can shift it to its proper place.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
The only way to lower the ping is to get as close to the server as possible, in physical terms. Meaning you should expect a server either in India or close to India. Getting a ton speed connection won't matter much if the distance is huge.

And moved to Gamerz.

Raccoon

Journeyman
The only way to lower the ping is to get as close to the server as possible, in physical terms. Meaning you should expect a server either in India or close to India. Getting a ton speed connection won't matter much if the distance is huge.

And moved to Gamerz.

Well, there is another way! The ping time will depend greatly on your ISP also!! So changing your ISP to could definitely help, IF the ping time of the ISP you are changing to is lower than the one you are using.

Furthermore, the type of connection will also matter... like wireless is likely to have higher ping times...

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Yeah Ping matters on distance.You could try changing to a DNS like SingtelDNS or OpenDNS(opendns.com),which might lower or increase ur ping by 10-20ms..every ms latency matters in online gaming!

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
at game-monitor.com I didn't find any server for call of duty2 in India. All the servers were at a distance of 1000km. Is it near or far away frm India.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
at game-monitor.com I didn't find any server for call of duty2 in India. All the servers were at a distance of 1000km. Is it near or far away frm India.
There are many reasons for this.
1.First of all cod2 is a bit old game. You should get cod4/cod5 or both since both rock.Secondly,Majority of Indians have illegal copies of the game and hence cant play online and those who have legal cant afford to buy servers etc.
2.Just few weeks ago a Public and a CLAN CoD4 INDIAN Server has been made.So we now have 2 Indian CoD4 Servers.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Ok I will switch to cod4 sooner. As its not available in my city. I have to go to at least Delhi for buying original games.

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
Distance is the problem but the route chosen by ISPs to send data to different corners of the world is also to blame at times. DNS has little to do with your ping. Using an DNS server hosted in the US that pings 200ms from India instead of using a local DNS pinging 10ms isn't going to help (even if it were possible to get lower pings by switching to a different DNS ;))

Your best bet - Asian or European servers. You should gets between 80 - 180ms to these countries. Some of the newer games have great net code and hit-registering techniques so you can still have a good experience with 150ms pings. Games like Team Fortress 2 have picked up in India. You'll find a few Indian servers and looooooooooads of highly active EU/Asian servers.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Yeah Ping matters on distance.You could try changing to a DNS like SingtelDNS or OpenDNS(opendns.com),which might lower or increase ur ping by 10-20ms..every ms latency matters in online gaming!

Is this going to help me. And will it affect my broadband default connection. I am confused.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Umm.. Does ping really matter too much? I play America's Army on ~300 ping servers but I very seldom face lag or packet loss! And, I'm able to kill sprinting targets with the sniper without much leading. You shouldn't bother about it too much! Just remember to configure the game right! In the connection type selection, enter the correct speed or type of your connection. Remember, lag isn't always your fault! Say... this will even save you money(You won't have to buy CoD4!).

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
CoD2 servers in India were never present at all in the first place, so don't expect any here.

However you are welcome to play at our UK server if you can ping in the 200s, its playable. My ping was on a 256kbps connection.

Use the ip in the pic. Open console ingame (~) and type /connect <ip>.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/square/12403/sample.jpg

*And note: It is a rifle only server, so no automatic weapons or any nades.

Last edited:
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks friend. I will surely try this link. yesterday I was kicked automatically for crossing the ping limit of 250. let see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom