how to install Win98 Second Edition with WinXP, Proff

Status
Not open for further replies.

aathif

Broken In
Hi,

I have try to install a Tamil Font (Indo word), It has install but some letters not came, my friend says WinXP, Proff is not supporting this font.

Hence, I want to install Win98 Second Edition, I have this CD but I don’t know how to install this with WinXP, Proff. (Without formatting my system)

Please help me. :cry:

h4xbox

Journeyman
dont double post aathif.

Use ileap ... it is a software which can convert yo eng text into 18 languages.

Without format u can install win98se... on one condition..Yo partitions shud not be ntfs..if they were formatted in fat32 while installing xp then installation without format is possible.

Boot from cd , then go abt installing like goto open computer with cd rom support and then to the cd drive/backup (if available) ,now open setup.exe (type setup)Scandisk and scanreg runs before copying files needed to install win98. Then after that u choose path(dont have xp and 98 in the same drive/partition)

Now choose not to make a boot disk,then automated installation goes on and after a while windows will be installed (time depends on yo memory stick/ram)
It will then update settings and go into windows...create a user from control panel , install essential proggies from a cd.

Now goto Start--->Settings--->Control panel and goto fonts folder(copy and paste mostly works) but then u can also install or use the readme that comes with font zipped file if u have doubts on how to install it .

Memberz correct me if i went wrong somewhere or fully.

OP
A

aathif

Broken In
Thanx to all,

When I have try to run setup.exe file, system displays

You cannot install win 98 while running this version of windows
Start your computer in Ms-Dos mode and then install Win98.

Then I will try to install win98 from Ms-Dos Mode, the system display this same error,

so now how can I install win98 se.

Please help me :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom