how to install all programs in D: and leaving windows in C:

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagdish18

Right off the assembly line
how to install all programs in D: which include windows program folder in D :and leaving windows in Root drive c:

theraven

Technomancer
get tweakui XP
u can change the default location of special folders like program files , my documents etc.

sakumar79

Technomancer
if you have windows 98, in TweakUI you can select in list of special folders, "Program Files" and modify it to "d:\Program Files". Not sure if that can be done in Win2k/WinXP except by manually sending all installations that ask for location to D:\...

Arun

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
U can just slect the install folder to some folder in d drive and install the application . But some system files get copied to C drive.
But also remember that in case u format C . Then programs dont get dleted.
But ther registry info gets deleted , so they may become unusable.

Cant understand why u want to do this ??????

Re: how to install all programs in D: and leaving windows in

jagdish18 said:
how to install all programs in D: which include windows program folder in D :and leaving windows in Root drive c:

I just do it manually. Everytime an installer asks for an install path - HOME > D > DELETE - is what I do, installing everything in D:\Program Files

choudang

Padawan
run>regedit

nevigate to HLM>SOftware>Microsoft>Windows

change the default path [c:\Program%Files] to you desired directory eg [D:\Warez%Here]. But before that, create the Warez Here folder

LordDJ

Broken In
sagargv said:
Cant understand why u want to do this ??????

Even I've got my program files on a separate drive. Well the drive happens to be on another harddisk, so I'm guessing I've some performance boost. :roll: Also defragging becomes somewhat easier.

Setting the path in the registry (as suggested by warrior) is easier, cos you don't have to remeber each time to change c to a d.

choudang

Padawan
yes... no need to remember all the path... installtion will take default path whatever it as registry.

*services.nexodyne.com/email/icon/Q0uQGVutrP05jChumhiS/A%2BgIgdQ%3D/R01haWw%3D/0/image.png

harsha varhan thapa

Right off the assembly line
every application askes location to install, when it askes just type d:\xyz(folder)\ and then press ok, or press browes and click where you want to install the new application. :)
harsha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom