How to increase the bitrate of audio??

Status
Not open for further replies.

anshul

Journeyman
The queation is simple:
How do we increase the bitrate of a sound track(any format).Are there any softwares available for the purpose and are any freewares available too??

yes, DBAmp music converter. and many more .
But it wont enhance the quality of the audio...only file size will increase..

ajayritik

Technomancer
yes, DBAmp music converter. and many more .
But it wont enhance the quality of the audio...only file size will increase..
^^ +1. Even I had similar query couple of months back. There is no point using any software to increase the bit rate as it will not help you much in the quality enhancement.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
The queation is simple:
How do we increase the bitrate of a sound track(any format).Are there any softwares available for the purpose and are any freewares available too??
you can always do that ... many are available .. I like dbpoweramp. ya its freeware .. one of the best open source stuff around.

but to your question .. why you want to increase it.
you can not increase the quality back.

see its like that .. when you accidentally cut a 100 rupee note you can not fix it back
.. its 100 rupees gone like a wind. same with bit rates. if you rip a song from a cd at 64kbps
.. you can do no good by converting that to 128kbps
.. the only way to increase the quality is to rip the song again from the original source.
I hope this helps in understanding the theory.

bye4now dude

Last edited:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
May be a little out of context but the only occasion I found it necessary to resample my mp3s was when I wanted to convert them to Sony Atrac+ format to be played on Sony Discman.

The conversion software by Sony required that all Mp3s be in CBR 128. I had to convert all my VBRs to CBR 128 before converting them to Atrac+.And I think I used the Goldwave Digital Audio editor for the VBR to CBR conversion.

Goldwave can also be used to resample from a lower bit rate to higher bit rate but do this only in exceptional circumstances like this.Otherwise there is simply no point in doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom