How To Increase IE Download speed, IE download Limit removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
If you have ever tried to download several things simultaneously through IE then you may have noticed that it doesn't work quite the way you may have hoped it to. This is because IE limits the amount of simultaneous downloads to two. This is done so that the perceived download progress appears to be tolerable. If you have a high speed connection then your browser should be able to handle a few more downloads. Here is 2 different steps I found to increase your number of connections. Have fun!

IE Download Limit
This is to increase the the number of max downloads to 10.
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\m*cro$oft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value (a dword) , and then add the following registry values:
"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=Dword:0000000a "MaxConnectionsPerServer"=Dword:0000000a
4. Quit Registry Editor.

Last edited:

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Why use IE:confused: to download (or browse for that matter) when there are better alternatives like Download Accelerator Plus:D and Firefox:D.
DAP is free and gets the best possible speeds out of your connection(I get 225-240 KBps:cool: for my BSNL 2 Mbps(256 KBps) connection).

OP
LEARNER_LEARNER

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
morpheusv6 said:
Why use IE:confused: to download (or browse for that matter) when there are better alternatives like Download Accelerator Plus:D and Firefox:D.
DAP is free and gets the best possible speeds out of your connection(I get 225-240 KBps:cool: for my BSNL 2 Mbps(256 KBps) connection).
1st my trick try bro nd then say which is best?. nd no ever1 have BSNL 2Mbps connection as me.:grin:

spiritbreezer

Right off the assembly line
LEARNER_LEARNER said:
If you have ever tried to download several things simultaneously through IE then you may have noticed that it doesn't work quite the way you may have hoped it to. This is because IE limits the amount of simultaneous downloads to two. This is done so that the perceived download progress appears to be tolerable. If you have a high speed connection then your browser should be able to handle a few more downloads. Here is 2 different steps I found to increase your number of connections. Have fun!

IE Download Limit
This is to increase the the number of max downloads to 10.
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\m*cro$oft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value (a dword) , and then add the following registry values:
"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=Dword:0000000a "MaxConnectionsPerServer"=Dword:0000000a
4. Quit Registry Editor.

Morning or afternoon
I would also like to increase my download speed and will follow the above instructions. However I do not know how to start the first one. How do I start registery editor?
All your help is appreciated.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
^forget IE dude. IT doesn't even have resume support.
Try other download managers - like 'leechget' Or u can use Opera browser, it comes with a download manager built in.

Last edited:

anzaan

Broken In
LEARNER_LEARNER said:
.3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value (a dword) , and then add the following registry values:
4. Quit Registry Editor.

hey i culdnt get this step.

after right clicking, i select for "dword" .. then wat to do??

m using XP sp2.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
File is zipped guyz
U have to extract it

I've set MaxConnectionsPerServer to 8
and
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server to 10

You can change it by right click & edit the file or by opening in notepad

To add the file in Registry either right clik & merge
or
Go to Run