How to get computer parts from US. One of my friend is coming from US next month

zoro123

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

One of my friend is coming from US Next month, I want to buy few parts in US for my next gig. Please suggest me how to buy and what problems would be there? and what would be customs duty?

Motherboard, Processor, RAM, HDD's If possible SMPS, Graphics Card.

What do you suggest about this. Please reply ASAP. He is coming on Sept 2nd, Really don't have much time I think

If you have any suggestions, Please go ahead friends

Thanks in advance.

acewin

Point Blanc
and is not much profitable. buy parts which you are sure of. I got myself RAM 2x8GB for my lappy from US while a friend was coming. I do not think price difference of all parts would be that wide, if you are getting HDD buy external HDDs from their which your friend can test as well. Also, I had got blu-ray burner which is again external. Also you would get quiet good deal on them.

mobo, proccy, SMP, GPU I will not suggest. because you may have to use warranty for service support. only if you have someone coming and going regularly think of buying these.

d3p

PowerHouse
Getting parts from US might void warranty. So be careful of ordering.

Wrong selection of words.. Warranty Void has nothing to do with buying outside. Warranty can be void, if the product warranty sticker is removed or some modifications are done with it.Buying from outside won't void warranty.

Buying from outside, will not carry any warranty inside india. Also means, if anything goes wrong, then RMA will need time & as well as you need to send them to US or buying place to claim the warranty. It can be done either through paid courier or your friends, who are travelling back.

Hi,

One of my friend is coming from US Next month, I want to buy few parts in US for my next gig. Please suggest me how to buy and what problems would be there? and what would be customs duty?

Motherboard, Processor, RAM, HDD's If possible SMPS, Graphics Card.

What do you suggest about this. Please reply ASAP. He is coming on Sept 2nd, Really don't have much time I think

If you have any suggestions, Please go ahead friends

Thanks in advance.

First thing you have to keep in mind is the Luggage limitation & customs. AFAIK, the luggage limitation depends on the period of stay & cargo. In cargo, you can't carry any electronic items. So only way is to carry it either in Check In Luggage or hand baggage.

Now the next thing to keep in mind is the size limitation of those items, wished to be purchased. Buying a motherboard need more size & need to carry them safely, which is very much impossible without the box.

I would suggest you buy items like, SSD, RAM kits, FAN Controllers, Water cooling Components, HDD's, Mouse or GPU [in case of higher limitations].

Preferably buy high-end ram kits, 240GB SSD's & GPU & ask him to carry. It might be feasible for your friend to carry instead of Motherboard, PSU or Similar stuffs.

panwala95

In the zone
i dont recommend buying anything except external stuff because i think the the duty on computer components is 250%

panwala95

In the zone
ty didnt know that
if you want to get anything which has a huge difference in price from us get old generation stuff cause there you have these huge clearence sales with upto 60-70% discounts

d3p

PowerHouse
i dont recommend buying anything except external stuff because i think the the duty on computer components is 250%

Are you f****** Crazy ?? It varies from 14% to 35% on personal stuffs. Stuffs marked as Gift are considered custom free till INR 5000.

Read this link for further info. Central Board of Excise and Customs

Last edited:

panwala95

In the zone
Are you f****** Crazy ?? It varies from 14% to 35% on personal stuffs. Stuffs marked as Gift are considered custom free till INR 5000.

Read this link for further info. Central Board of Excise and Customs

no i didnt know
please mind your language
i am not like you who has no other work than tdf

acewin

Point Blanc
@d3p really no need to be over excited.
@panwala95, no need to comment on someone elses activity, however you put it if people are not interested, to sit for some hours or minutes no one will be there to answer someone elses queries.
I do not know both of your history but really this is not correct way to behave on a public form, comment/arguments and counter attack on it should be avoided.

acewin

Point Blanc
yes that is why I said no need reply further "mind your language" is more than enuf, and no need to apologize

Top Bottom