How to Forward a port in Router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordac

Be The Best
Friends i need help in forwarding port for Utorrent application.

My Modem: Huawei MT882 Modem
Firmware: V200R001C01B021SP03

Whenever i try to forward a port (as described in portforward.com) the details gets entered in my router but the port is not forwarded properly when i check it.
I am using a DATAONE Broadband connection. Can some one help me in this...

OP
fordac

fordac

Be The Best
thaks ms123 but this doesnt work. I have already checked it. Maybe my firewall is blocking it...any other way to portforward manually.

Thanks in advance.

jeetu

Broken In
easiest way to forward port in router is to use DMZ setting. It is in my DLink 502T, It should also be your router.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
fordac said:
Friends i need help in forwarding port for Utorrent application.

My Modem: Huawei MT882 Modem
Firmware: V200R001C01B021SP03

Whenever i try to forward a port (as described in portforward.com) the details gets entered in my router but the port is not forwarded properly when i check it.
I am using a DATAONE Broadband connection. Can some one help me in this...

Sorry to say but BSNL Dataone is not good for torrents :mad:as torrents require a minimum upload speed of 128 kbps,as of now Dataone offers a Download Speed of 256 Kbps:) and Upload Speed of 64 Kbps:confused:
I have not been able to download using Azureus,uTorrent or even BitComet
I am a UL 900 user

OP
fordac

fordac

Be The Best
Thanks guys i found out the problem.
:oops: It was my ip address all along. I gave a different ip while forwarding than that i used while setup. now my port is been forwarded properly and utorrent is working properly :-D .

If you are using Zonealarm or any other software firewall, then close it and check whether the uTorret is working ?

To verify whether you have forwarded a port or not, you can use :

*www.dslreports.com/scan
*grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

While using this above links keep uTorrent working.

Thanks for this link it was helpfull to check.....

Last edited:

papai_mcc

Broken In
techtronic said:

Sorry to say but BSNL Dataone is not good for torrents :mad:as torrents require a minimum upload speed of 128 kbps,as of now Dataone offers a Download Speed of 256 Kbps:) and Upload Speed of 64 Kbps:confused:
I am a UL 900 user

I am on Home500 , I always get a speed of 25-30kBps using utorrent.
But the real problem is in the case of private torrents.... where you have to maintain 1:1 ratio

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
techtronic said:
I am a UL 900 user

lol... While with me.. using 3rd party software i can keep my upload speed under 2kbps still download with torrents...

but I never heared any such thing that Torrents need 128KBPS of upload speed... lol... With my 256 UL I download 24*7 using private torrents... never had any issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom