how to execute an exe file from Visual Basic 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhat

Mad and Furious
Hi friends,
I am making a progam in VB. I need to execute an exe application that I made in VB. I need to execute it since, adding the source for 10 apps into one, is very difficult and will hog system memory. So, I want to know how to execute an exe file from an app made in VB 6.0. I am not very familiar with API's, but if you tell me the process, I will easily understand it.
Thank You in advance

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
redhat said:
Hi friends,
I am making a progam in VB. I need to execute an exe application that I made in VB. I need to execute it since, adding the source for 10 apps into one, is very difficult and will hog system memory. So, I want to know how to execute an exe file from an app made in VB 6.0. I am not very familiar with API's, but if you tell me the process, I will easily understand it.
Thank You in advance
Wait for some VB ppl. And ur name is redhat but ur logo is not redhat! :) :p

OP
redhat

redhat

Mad and Furious
I want to execute a particular exe file when the user selects an option from the menu. These are just add-ons and are not related to the program itself.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
redhat said:
Hi friends,
Thank You in advance

Simple. Execute the exe file directly from Command line. Use shell or ShellExecute. See that you give the exact location of the exe.

Last edited:
OP
redhat

redhat

Mad and Furious
Hope this helps: *www.dreamincode.net/code/snippet276.htm

Arun

Thanks a lot,
It worked well for me
Code:
Dim RetVal
RetVal = Shell("%Systemroot%\System32\calc.exe", 1)
Please tell me where am I wring???

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Try
Dim RetVal
RetVal = Shell(""%Systemroot%\System32\calc.exe"", 1)

Or
Dim winPath as string
Dim RetVal
winPath = Environ$("SystemRoot")
RetVal = Shell(winPath & "\System32\calc.exe"", 1)

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom