How to download with firefox?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tushar_novice

Broken In
Hey you all geeks out there.
I use firefox or opera as my browser. The download manager of firefox is a babe. Well there are some links which are applicable only for IE users i think.

These go like this:
Right click to download
(right click... choose save target as)

It works fine with IE
But when I try to use it with forefox it is screwed. It downloads the html file instead.
Please tell me how to download these kinda files with firefox.

FIREFOX IS AT LEAST 1000000000000 TIMES BETTER THAN IE.
ALSO OPERA IS GREAT.

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
Dude press Ctrl+J u will see the download box
go to Page option there in web features set the place where u want to save the files... u got that now just simply click the link u want to download that will start automatically......:)

swatkat

Technomancer
Simply click on the download link and Firefox's downloader automatically opens up.No need to do "Right Click and Save Target as".

swatkat

Technomancer
If u visit this link,for example ,
*www.bungie.net/Games/Halo2/page.aspx?section=AudioVideo&subsection=GameVideos&page=1

There for downloading game videos they have said " right click and 'save as' " to download but in Firefox if u simply Left click on it Downloader opens up as i said earlier.
But for some other sites you have to RIGHT click on the link and select the option "Save Link to Disk" and proceed accordingly to download the file.
hope this solves ur problem.

go4inet

In the zone
The download speed is damn fast then other broswers !
Sometime I get downloads @ 14 kbps with my dial up !

:lol:

DKant

In the zone
The download speed is damn fast then other broswers !
Sometime I get downloads @ 14 kbps with my dial up !

:shock:

Haven't tried donwloading with FF yet...Boy! I hope urn't kidding! ;)

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
since there is no specific firefox sub topic , within software thread , and loads of threads on firefox scattered around . i am posting 2 q's here .

- is there an option to give more details abt the download in the d/l box , similar to the one in opera . i get the details only when a file is d/ling and not after its done . i got to click on properties of that file each time . this there any particular file where i can modify settings , eg ini , dat files etc

- is there an option where i can choose only to use tabbed windows within one single windows and not have any links open in new windows . opera has this option , but some links in firefox open in seperate windows

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
yup . in the download box , u can click on pause below the file name and resume if u want to continue and it will resume from where it left off . like gopher said its really faster than ie to d/l stuff

amitpagarwal

Broken In
What happens if you close the browser session while downloading ?

Why not use a third party tool like Flashget and integrate it with Flashgot extension ?

Amit @ *labnol.blogspot.com

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Well is that possible ??
I tried using FlashGot, but how do i use it ? I prefer using DAP, is it possible to integrate DAP into Firefox ??

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
*www.amazesoft.com/browser.htm

else just right click on the link and choose copy link location and it will pop-up in flashget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom