How to do linux administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
I know basics of linux and currently using ubuntu ..earlier i have used few more versions like redhat,fedora,suse etc.

Plz guide me whats the scope of linux administration .. i have done B.E. in CS..
i like to do linux administration..

which book should i read and how can i practice...

what should be the procedure..?

and how much time will it take in whole...

certification is needed ?? then which one..?

how to prepare...

Plz kindly provide all the details ...i want to start today only..

i have got one redhat 7 linux unleashed book ... how is it...
which is best book??

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My friend recently completed doing Redhat Certified Engineer. He is still to appear for the exams, which will give him the RHCE certificate. The course costs around Rs.22K at Ultramax here in Mumbai.

After completing this course you become adept with all command line & are ready to get placed somewhere as a Linux System Administrator. Though placement is a somewhat skeptical from the responses I received, still many say you need to have some other strong degree to support this RHCE certification.

The book you have is good. Other books you can find from the author Christopher Negus, who deals in many diverse topics in Linux.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
OP please learn to use the google search box in this forum
Here is the relevant thread on searching for "linux certification" without the quotes
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79513

axxo

99.9% Idle
I would suggest chosing unix variants such as AIX or Solaris over Linux as they have advanced concepts such as containers, LPARs, LDoms etc which are architecture based and provides a lot of scope in future to establish in the administration field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom