How to do bookmarking with a PDF File ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keves2002

hi,

I am reading a PDF file of almost 100pages, I am loosing track of where i left of each time, i just wanna know is there any bookmarking options available in the PDF Viewer,So that the next time i open the same file i will know where i left off ( Same like the offline bookmark :D) I have only the PDF viewer installed in my system,If its not possible

(a) Is there any plugin available to do so ?
(b) Or can you advice me any other PDF reader which will sort this problem ?

Thanks in Advance
-keves-

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I use Foxit Reader. Whenever I close a PDF file, the next time I re-open it, the file opens up at the page which was being viewed when I closed the reader. Try it, just might help.

OP
K

keves2002

Thanx for the reply , But Foxit Reader is not wokring as what u said, It still opens the first page, Even if i left off on 59th page, I tried it with version 2.0 & 2.3 from foxitsoftware.com, Is there any other way or utility which will help in this ?, Thanx ......

sakumar79

Technomancer
Both Foxit PDF Reader and Acrobat reader have option to resume pdf from last read position... Check the settings available... If you cannot find it, I will check it later today and inform...

Arun

OP
K

keves2002

Thanx for writing back, I failed to locate the said option, It will be of great help if you can guide me where exaclty i can find the option either in adobe or foxit reader.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.:D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
In Foxit Reader, go to Edit->Preferences->General and enable History, set a specific value for both fields.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
For Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0

Step 1 :
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/Clipboard29.jpg

Step 2 :
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/Clipboard31.jpg

Step 3 :
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/Clipboard30.jpg

OP
K

keves2002

@ abhishek

Thanx it works fine:D

@ xbonez

Thanx a lot for taking time to send me a detailed reply, unfortunately i dont have reader 8.0, As the installer is even bigger in size compared to foxit reader and i already have reader 7.0, i didnt downloaded reader 8.0, Even though i found Document ~ Accessibitity options in reader 7.0, i am unable to click that coz its "grey" ( not highlighted), I wonder will you be able to guide me to do the same with reader 7.0

Thanks once again :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom