how to create our own avatar picture??

Status
Not open for further replies.

q3_abhi

Youngling
DO u mean the animated ones????? OR still ones??????

For animated avatars, use GIF animator.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
visit

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16817&highlight=avatar

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21831&highlight=avatar

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9374&highlight=avatar

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17146&highlight=avatar

Biplav

In the zone
well a non animated gif can easily be resized in irfan view or for that matter any photo viewing software.
and for animated gifs u can visit here

Charley

Just Do It
Biplav said:
well a non animated gif can easily be resized in irfan view or for that matter any photo viewing software.
and for animated gifs u can visit here

I have some jpgs which dont have animation. And they are really large pics. So wht do I do to resize it to become smaller as an avataar?

Biplav

In the zone
u got irfan view??
just press Ctrl+R and then enter 80*80.
simple u are done.
but i think if its a proper wallpaper then automatically it will be resized in the same proportion and not exactly 80*80
for making it exactly 80-80 deselect "preserve aspect ratio"
thats it i suppose

kato

Karthiksn
i guess photoshop is best for editing ur avatars i did that for the one i have now.If u want u can even custom make them if u know good designs too.Photoshop is very helpful and many ppl know how to use it (getting help is easier)

Charley

Just Do It
Biplav said:
u got irfan view??
just press Ctrl+R and then enter 80*80.
simple u are done.
but i think if its a proper wallpaper then automatically it will be resized in the same proportion and not exactly 80*80
for making it exactly 80-80 deselect "preserve aspect ratio"
thats it i suppose

That worked fine. But how do i reduce the pic to less than 10kb,20kb, so on. I mean the size of the file to use it an avataar?

kato

Karthiksn
try to save ur file in different formats i mean in png or gif or jpeg. Gif will get u a small size but hte problem is that the quality is reduced and png is good but sometimes does not reduce it as much as u need.Simply decrease the size of image further for making it a small file

Charley

Just Do It
kato said:
try to save ur file in different formats i mean in png or gif or jpeg. Gif will get u a small size but hte problem is that the quality is reduced and png is good but sometimes does not reduce it as much as u need.Simply decrease the size of image further for making it a small file

I resized the bigger jpg file into 80*80,but cannot reduce the filesize to 10kb or so for an avataar.

kato

Karthiksn
simple try and save it in other formats like png and gif sumthing will reduce the file size or u can further decrease the image size to make the file smaller

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
As biplav said , reduce the no. of colours usrd in the image try 16 colour

this can help u
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16817&highlight=avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom