How to convert static website into dynamic website??

yomanabhi

Journeyman
Hey, my friend's Dad have a business static website, he made this site by a web programmer.
He want to change web contents that why he have to convert static website into dynamic site.
And programmer wants 15K for changing.
Is there is way to change website myself??
Thanks in Advance

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
If you have little bit knowledge of the language which that web programmer used and database you can do it.

If it's in PHP + MySQL and you know both of them little bit, use any CMS like Joomla, Drupal etc. to make it dynamic.

Whistler81

The One and Only
I suggest you first ascertain whether you need a dynamic website or not in the first place. Give us the url. As stated above you need PHP/MySQL to recreate it in to dynamic. Check out w3schools.com for the PHP tutorials. Be aware these are just to give you an idea of PHP programing. After you complete that goon to MySQL. Hope this helps.

You can also create dynamic websites using Javascript but also if you are an enterprising fellow you can try taming WebJS to give you the dynamic version of your site. Hey if you figure out how to use it and get the desired result then let m know how to use it.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, I guess by dynamic he means, he can add content or add pages anytime without the involvement of any web developer and paying him everytime.

@OP Please clear it.

satyamy

Alive Again...
their is no readymade software type thing to convert website from static to dynamic

u need to have a knowledge of programming language & database
eg : PHP + MySQL
than u can make the dynamic website yourself as per your need

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey, my friend's Dad have a business static website, he made this site by a web programmer.
He want to change web contents that why he have to convert static website into dynamic site.
And programmer wants 15K for changing.
Is there is way to change website myself??
Thanks in Advance

for static to dynamic I suggest for ASP.NET :cool:

abhidev

Human Spambot
PHP would be much more faster wrt dev time....also mysql can be used easily and both are open source.

OP
yomanabhi

yomanabhi

Journeyman
hey i don't any of these languages i only know HTML an java. And that site is also not created by me. I just wanna know person demanding 15K for converting it is OK amount. and in which language i should tell him to convert?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hey i don't any of these languages i only know HTML an java. And that site is also not created by me. I just wanna know person demanding 15K for converting it is OK amount. and in which language i should tell him to convert?

As can see 3 poeple agree on using ASP.NET.now its your choice.

is 15K demand for using any language????

satyamy

Alive Again...

if u know HTML than probably u know Javascript and not Java

and charges depends of Web Designer's quality of work
i think 15K is ok for creating dynamic site

Both Asp.Net & PHP is fine
but for Asp.net u need to have Windows Hosting, which come little costlier
for PHP you can enjoy in Linux Hosting which comparatively comes at lesser cost

so make your budget & decide

btw i personally prefer ASP.NET :p

Whistler81

The One and Only
Well, I guess by dynamic he means, he can add content or add pages anytime without the involvement of any web developer and paying him every time.

@OP Please clear it.

If this is the case then,try this-
1. tell your friends dad to get the Login details of Hosting( the name of the Hosting company, user id, password, ftp login details),
2. then you install Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 or any WYSIWYG editor
3. download the entire website to your computer via FTP using Dreamweaver's inbuilt FTP extension or say FileZilla
4. Make the necessary changes to the site and then Sync it back up to the server.

No prograing needed. You said that you know HTML that should do just fine.

Why aren't you providing the URL ?

OP
yomanabhi

yomanabhi

Journeyman
If this is the case then,try this-
1. tell your friends dad to get the Login details of Hosting( the name of the Hosting company, user id, password, ftp login details),
2. then you install Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 or any WYSIWYG editor
3. download the entire website to your computer via FTP using Dreamweaver's inbuilt FTP extension or say FileZilla
4. Make the necessary changes to the site and then Sync it back up to the server.

No prograing needed. You said that you know HTML that should do just fine.

Why aren't you providing the URL ?
Thanks dude, still there one problem do u know how to sync it back up to server?? :p and url of site is www.sakoonhomes.com.au

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Or use any CMS and give the login to your uncle or whoever. He can edit it in a simple web interface whenever he wants to. You don't need to break your head much,

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
lol. CMS = Content Management System. Upload a CMS like joomla, and configure and you are good to go. If not, the open File Manager, select file and click Edit on top nav menu.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ :rofl:

@OP
Better deal i guess, You ask him to do the site with CMS and after that, you don't need to go to Control Panel, even to change contents. :D

Top Bottom