How to convert k750i to w800i?

thakkenc

Right off the assembly line
hi harshana800,

Thanks for the info. I did what you asked. Still no go.

error found is Cannot open Phone communicatin port.

I had PC suite installed on the comp. I removed it even.

Even though i hold down the "C" key and connect the cable the phone turns on.

Is this normal. upon that all the drivers of the phone such as Sony ericsson Modem, memory stick, etc are installed, i have rempved them but it still is being recognised.

Pls help me i need this badly!!!

Hi harshana800,

I was able to do it. Actually i installed Xp on a fresh drive and did not install the PC suite. It worked like a charm. Looks like the PC suite and sony drivers were causing the problem. Now the phone does not turn on when connected to the comp holding down the "C" key.

Found out later that

If the PC Suite is installed, follow these instructions:
  1. Double-click on Phone Connection Link in the system tray.
  2. Un-tick the USB port.
This might also help but I could not try it.

Once again thanks for you fast and timely response.

Last edited:

harshana800

Broken In
I've flashed my k750i phone successfuly before :grin: . Though it's sound volume is very high:smile: , sound quality is low ( no base ) :mad: . can any one help me , how to increase sound quality ? and what is 'anti hising' ?. is it a patch that can be patched by far manager , phone xs or xx++ . can u help me max_demon ?:eek:

yogi_7272

Broken In
@max.. i tried super cam drivers .. but did not found them much better than the org drivers .. now using ver 5.3 (org ones).. just needed ur opinion .. which are the best drivers for k750i?

harshana800

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
Drag them to the the FLASH folder in FAR manager after connecting the phone.

I did it once . i entered the flash folder in the phone and i draged them. then I closed the far manager , but when i turn on the phone it didn't on ( i removed the battery and put it back too but it didn't work ). I get this error always after i enterd to phone by far . so i have to flash main firmware always after i changed phone's inside files. so, when i flash my phone draged files do not exist . is this caused by SE flash drivers ? but i have already installed them . and my phone is CID49 so Im using far which is suporting CID49 . I can't understand what's the problem is . Is there any way to do it with phone xs or XX++ ?

regards.

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^ after applying the patch dont flash the phone , restart FAR than drag your firmware file possibely (rest_W800_R1BC002.bin )this to FLASH again .

download from here (*rapidshare.com/files/62313416/REST.rar.html)

reinsert the battery than start the phone

harshana800

Broken In
Thanks , max_demon and infra_red_dude. it was very useful . i patched the phone successfully . i thought that we have to reflash that .BIN file using xx++ .
Thanks again . what else we can do with the phone. And , i want to know is there any way to increase SMS letter capacity . In my phone i can write 168 letters only in one SMS. But in NOKIA phones , can write 450 letters in one SMS. Is it depend on country we are in ? or is it a uniqe thing in SE ?.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
harshana800 said:
what else we can do with the phone.
You can install better drivers which will improve the camera quality and the audio quality. Enable various features by patching (like controlling radio/walkman from the answer button on the headset), change the menu icons etc. etc. etc..

harshana800 said:
And , i want to know is there any way to increase SMS letter capacity . In my phone i can write 168 letters only in one SMS. But in NOKIA phones , can write 450 letters in one SMS. Is it depend on country we are in ? or is it a uniqe thing in SE ?.
Goto Menu>Messaging>Settings>Text Message>Max. msg length. Set it to Max. available. Your problem will be solved.

harshana800

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
You can install better drivers which will improve the camera quality and the audio quality.

I patched the phone to increase the volume . it increaced the volume but reduced the quality of the speaker ( no bass ) . but head set is fine .

change the menu icons etc. etc. etc..

How to change the menu icons . is there any icons better than the icons exist in the phone ? How can i get those icons ?

Goto Menu>Messaging>Settings>Text Message>Max. msg length. Set it to Max. available. Your problem will be solved.

I already selected this option . but after i write over 168 letters , it gives the message " SMS 2 " and the operator getting paid for 2 SMS .

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
harshana800 said:
I patched the phone to increase the volume . it increaced the volume but reduced the quality of the speaker ( no bass ) . but head set is fine .
Don't patch the phone. Use acoustic drivers. The famous ones are by Toshara/Qwerty. They are available on SE-NSE.net. They increase the volume while maintaining other output paramaters.

harshana800 said:
How to change the menu icons . is there any icons better than the icons exist in the phone ? How can i get those icons ?
Look here: *forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=3716

harshana800 said:
I already selected this option . but after i write over 168 letters , it gives the message " SMS 2 " and the operator getting paid for 2 SMS .
Yes, thats how it is. Be it Nokia, SE, Moto or whichever phone. You are charged for 2 SMS when it exceeds 160 characters (or for 3 SMS if it crosses 320 characters).

janalexine

Broken In
hi guys, any tutorials about patching? I managed to find a repair center for my k750i and im back on flashing. how do i apply patches?

tutorials with pix would be a lot of help. (^^,)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Check the other threads on patching. Tho the models differ the procedure remains the same. But bear in mind that you'll need the correct patches which match the model and firmware of you phone. For procedure refer to this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59663

harshana800

Broken In
No change after i replaced my acoustics with toshara ( i think worst than i had before .)

infra_red_dude said:
Yes, thats how it is. Be it Nokia, SE, Moto or whichever phone

No it's not . In Nokia I can write 400 + letters in one SMS .

and I cant apply patch which one is used to control radio channel changing by head set's button . Far gives me the message which tells "search data mismatch" what's that . i think its not suitable for my firmware version , isn't it ?.

want to download free stuff for Sony Ericsson ? , visit

*www.phonemania.blogspot.com/

Sony Ericsson Java Games

Game download>Sony Erricson>Java Games

MotoGP2

Prince Of Persia The Two Thrones

Prince of Persia Sands of Time for Nokia 6600 full

Posted by harshana at 10:56 AM 0 comments

Flash Drivers For Sony Erricson

Driver download>Sony Erricson>Flash Drivers For Sony Erricson

All are in .Zip format

Download USB FLASH Driver

Posted by harshana at 10:40 AM 0 comments

Camera Drivers For Sony Erricson

Driver download>Sony Erricson>K800I>Camera Drivers For Sony Erricson

All are in .Zip format

CID 36 , CID 49 suported

Download camera_driver_v.30.1

Download camera_driver_v.7.30

Download camera_driver_v.5.62

Download camera_driver_v.5.31

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
harshana800 said:
No change after i replaced my acoustics with toshara ( i think worst than i had before .)
Then try some other pack. There are so many of them. Something will surely satisfy you.

harshana800 said:
No it's not . In Nokia I can write 400 + letters in one SMS.
No sir. When it crosses 320 characters you are charged for 3 SMS'. Its the same with any cellphone or operator.

cool_ahm

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

have converted my k750i to w800i just now and is working fine presenly thank all for this post.

have followed *www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4252415439971913192&postID=7372689215829007976 procedure in this post and updated the cam and sound drivers by max.

one more request, i had read in some older post before that using far manager one can chage the location where the phone saves the sms by default, to location on memory stick so as to store unlimited sms which is not limited to 200 by default, can some one pls update this procedure cause i am not able to find it, and also if it can be done with xs++

and again thks for the great job by u all for replying to queries and getting things goings here

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
cool_ahm said:
one more request, i had read in some older post before that using far manager one can chage the location where the phone saves the sms by default, to location on memory stick so as to store unlimited sms which is not limited to 200 by default, can some one pls update this procedure cause i am not able to find it

Here is the procedure:

TO INCREASE SMS CAPACITY......

1.break into the phone wid FAR manager
2.go to ifs/settings/messaging.
3.select pref_store.txt and press F4 to edit it.
4.there wud be '/sms data' there, change it to /tpa and then press F2 to save and then F10 to quit.
5.for CID49 phones flash again in FAR wid the REST plugin to get your phone back.

Top Bottom