Broken In
Re: converting k750i to w800i

max_demon said:
My CDA is CDA 102338/154

and i finished conversion . the phone is working good

thanx to salilrane

see below for the process

hey thanks .. now me too have my W750i ... :D
abt camera .. after flashing the firmware .. the autofocus lag is less .. takes less time to focus . also although 4x digital zoom is available in 2mp mode ..it takes the whole photos of objects not the zoomed part ..

sound quality is improves and also sound level is gone up too ..:D

Last edited:
OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Re: converting k750i to w800i

yogi_7272 said:
hey thanks .. now me too have my W750i ... :D
abt camera .. after flashing the firmware .. the autofocus lag is less .. takes less time to focus . also although 4x digital zoom is available in 2mp mode ..it takes the whole photos of objects not the zoomed part ..

sound quality is improves and also sound level is gone up too ..:D
it is w800i :D
we can zoom after we have taken the image .

Last edited:

aceman

Broken In
B/W any idea on how to display the Cell-Id/Location Id in W800/W810 ? It should be ideally under some N/W settings , but I coudn't find it.

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i think SEUS will be right , i have not tried that till now . else u can go to *forums.se-nse.net/index.php?act=idx and download your software version

radibioinfo

Right off the assembly line
I Just Flashed Today "WORKS FINE"

I followed orkut
*www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=3912886&tid=2511224677429075272

Easiest Procedure Compared To Others...:cool:

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
radibioinfo said:
I Just Flashed Today "WORKS FINE"

I followed orkut
*www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=3912886&tid=2511224677429075272

Easiest Procedure Compared To Others...:cool:
Duh... this is to completly convert it to w800i . in my tut it is just main Firmware.no need to worry about contacts data and all ;)

salilrane

.........Access Denied!!!
max_demon said:
@cyborg , i didn't loose the autofocus . But WALKMAN key is better than Activity key.

Here is My W800i :D:D:D
*img407.imageshack.us/img407/9241/mar0101fb0.th.jpg
Sorry but the picture Quality is not good.
(This Picture needs autofocus :D:D)

i will post the entire process tomorrow .

ur phone looks awesome confgratzzzzzzz man ...........

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hey max..

I read ur replies.. thanks for all that info. But I didnt flash my fone due to some personal reasons. I shall do it anyway.. I just got this doubt.. does presence of earthing of power have any effect on the flashing? we donot have earthing of power in our room. do I have to earth my computer properly before flashing of the mobile?

thanks in advance..

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Kalyan said:
Hey max..

I read ur replies.. thanks for all that info. But I didnt flash my fone due to some personal reasons. I shall do it anyway.. I just got this doubt.. does presence of earthing of power have any effect on the flashing? we donot have earthing of power in our room. do I have to earth my computer properly before flashing of the mobile?

thanks in advance..
no man just make sure u have inverter or UPS in u r home coz if the power is off during flashing . your phone might be at risk.
btw i also do not have UPS

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hey Max.. Back again.

I did the conversion. everything went well as u said above. but now, I got some issues to discuss.

> The 4x zoom in full res works fine. but when I take a picture zoomed, it just saves the picture with no zoom. why is it so? ? Now, I find no use for the zoom in full res.

> The media player is turned to walkman. but when I set equalizer to megabass, I feel that the sound is not clear. I mean, when I had the media player, I used to feel a bliss to hear in megabass setting. But now, for a couple of secs, the music goes fine. but when the sound goes complex(i.e., more no of beats and drums), the sound level falls off and I feel some kind of oscillations in sound level.

> when I turn the phone speaker on with walkman, I find it very low. I used to have it higher before. I used to increase all the levels of the equalizer earlier to get a higher level of sound from the speaker. Now too, I need to do that in order to get a higher level. surely the sound compared to earlier setting is high. but if I keep a preset or megabass, I feel the sound output is lowered.

> The main disappointment is that I feel I lost the megabass feature. everything else is ok for headphones.

> I am not satisfied with the output of the speaker.

> The joystick up is serving me as the utility key. But now, I lack the property of moving the shortcuts according to preferrence.

> Everything went as u said. I got the startup menu for music mode, walkman key etc..

> One more thing.. for how much time should I hold the 'c' key? should I have to hold it till the end of the process or could I release the key after the phone is recognized and the process is started?

I am not blaming u for anything of this. Just I am sure that u might show me a way out of this. sorry if I am bothering u so much. Thanks a lot..

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Kalyan said:
Hey Max.. Back again.

I did the conversion. everything went well as u said above. but now, I got some issues to discuss.

> The 4x zoom in full res works fine. but when I take a picture zoomed, it just saves the picture with no zoom. why is it so? ? Now, I find no use for the zoom in full res.

> The media player is turned to walkman. but when I set equalizer to megabass, I feel that the sound is not clear. I mean, when I had the media player, I used to feel a bliss to hear in megabass setting. But now, for a couple of secs, the music goes fine. but when the sound goes complex(i.e., more no of beats and drums), the sound level falls off and I feel some kind of oscillations in sound level.

> when I turn the phone speaker on with walkman, I find it very low. I used to have it higher before. I used to increase all the levels of the equalizer earlier to get a higher level of sound from the speaker. Now too, I need to do that in order to get a higher level. surely the sound compared to earlier setting is high. but if I keep a preset or megabass, I feel the sound output is lowered.

> The main disappointment is that I feel I lost the megabass feature. everything else is ok for headphones.

> I am not satisfied with the output of the speaker.

> The joystick up is serving me as the utility key. But now, I lack the property of moving the shortcuts according to preferrence.

> Everything went as u said. I got the startup menu for music mode, walkman key etc..

> One more thing.. for how much time should I hold the 'c' key? should I have to hold it till the end of the process or could I release the key after the phone is recognized and the process is started?

I am not blaming u for anything of this. Just I am sure that u might show me a way out of this. sorry if I am bothering u so much. Thanks a lot..

1.)umm.. i think 4X zoom is really missing u can try this driver for help .

2.)megabass is different i think , u can try manual equilizer setting , make the 1st and 2nd equilizer setting full and rest in the middle.

3.)it is higher than my previous volume , is u r CDA was same as mine ? be4 conversion?

4.)output of the speaker is louder than previous.

5.)u can move the shortcut acc. to u r preferance , check settings.

________

anyone here knows how to use Gslide , PhoneXS and FAR software help me to put hybrid cam software

Kalyan

Journeyman
hi,.

I checked the CDA. It was the same.

> Is there any way that helps me with megabass? I really loved this feature.

> If possible, please post the link to the k750i firmware, just in case I change my mind to revert it back to k750i. Not the latest crampy one but the previous one. I believe it also needs the same proceedure.

> If I use SEUS, do I have a choice to select which firmware I want to install?

> My phone model still shows as k750i.. Is it ok??

> I too agree the output of the speaker is louder than before. but that only happens when I set all the equalizer levels to max. but in preset modes, they feel a bit low for me. Do you feel any change for the earphones' volume?

> I found a link from this thread referring to orkut. It flashes the phone totally. what do I get by following the proceedure? did u go through it? any feedback is helpful.

> Could u tell me what are the default games and softwares installed with the w800i phone..(if u know)

> I've checked settings> General > Shortcuts> Navigation Key Up.
All I found is edit and delete for soft keys. when I click edit, it takes me to select another shortcut to be replaced. no setting for moving the shortcut up/down. I used to have 'more' previously and had 'move','delete' in that.

If u have the option to move them, please be clear..

> The last message in phone XS was a 'failed to send data chunk' or something. what does that mean? I felt that the process was failed. Kindly explain..

> Now, All I need is the megabass feature.. Please post the link for the previous version of k750i firmware..

Thanks a lot...

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Kalyan said:
hi,.

I checked the CDA. It was the same.

> Is there any way that helps me with megabass? I really loved this feature.

> If possible, please post the link to the k750i firmware, just in case I change my mind to revert it back to k750i. Not the latest crampy one but the previous one. I believe it also needs the same proceedure.

> If I use SEUS, do I have a choice to select which firmware I want to install?

> My phone model still shows as k750i.. Is it ok??

> I too agree the output of the speaker is louder than before. but that only happens when I set all the equalizer levels to max. but in preset modes, they feel a bit low for me. Do you feel any change for the earphones' volume?

> I found a link from this thread referring to orkut. It flashes the phone totally. what do I get by following the proceedure? did u go through it? any feedback is helpful.

> Could u tell me what are the default games and softwares installed with the w800i phone..(if u know)

> I've checked settings> General > Shortcuts> Navigation Key Up.
All I found is edit and delete for soft keys. when I click edit, it takes me to select another shortcut to be replaced. no setting for moving the shortcut up/down. I used to have 'more' previously and had 'move','delete' in that.

If u have the option to move them, please be clear..

> The last message in phone XS was a 'failed to send data chunk' or something. what does that mean? I felt that the process was failed. Kindly explain..

> Now, All I need is the megabass feature.. Please post the link for the previous version of k750i firmware..

Thanks a lot...

4.)Yes!!

5.)hey!!, u were having the latest firmware before , if u want to update try using SEUS it is the easiest .

if u want any more assistance go here

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi Max..

at last, I followed orkut and flashed the entire phone. Now, I have my w800i. Thanks a lot for all the info u gave. and thanks to romil who gave the info and files in orkut. Do U have the aero3d and super real tennis games of k750i? If u could extract them through far or xs, please upload them.

One more thing.. I have already posted in the forum. could u help me with upgrading the camera software and lcd driver?

Thanks in advance

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Kalyan said:
Hi Max..

at last, I followed orkut and flashed the entire phone. Now, I have my w800i. Thanks a lot for all the info u gave. and thanks to romil who gave the info and files in orkut. Do U have the aero3d and super real tennis games of k750i? If u could extract them through far or xs, please upload them.

One more thing.. I have already posted in the forum. could u help me with upgrading the camera software and lcd driver?

Thanks in advance
See below

Last edited:

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi Max..

just follow the steps given by Mr Romil in orkut which is given in this thread. he gave a step by step and most informative approach and everything is explained in the process. he also packed all the necessary tools just like what u did before.

The process is for flashing the file system, customizing it for 800i(region and others) and then the main firmware. he's got all u need.

Mark my words.. I found a lottttt of difference in the quality of sound in what I did before and what I did now. the phone model shows up as w800i now. Megabass rocks in my phone now. Only thing was the camera software. I think there is always a way in and and a way out.

Just be careful while customising the file system. I got sweated while doing that. while doing that, dont keep the batt cover. 'cause, u would have to remove the batt a couple of times and u have got 30 secs for the process. the rest is the same..

the 4x zoom issue I told u before didnt solve in this either

best of luck..

Kalyan

Journeyman
Thanks a lot max..

But could u tell me how to install any of these drivers? I have to use Phone XS. I cant use FAR. as mine is CID49. If I could use FAR, please tell me abt that. I also have XS++ with me if that could help

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Kalyan said:
Thanks a lot max..

But could u tell me how to install any of these drivers? I have to use Phone XS. I cant use FAR. as mine is CID49. If I could use FAR, please tell me abt that. I also have XS++ with me if that could help

.I have used phone XS++ and understood everything . flashed my phone 14-20 times:D:D experimenting

to install Hybrid Camera Driver follow the steps

>Create a Directory named "files_to_upload" in the Phone XS++ root folder

>Create a subdirectory in the "files_to_upload" directory named "ifs"

>inside "ifs" create "settings"

>put the folders camera and acoustic(if u want "louder" music[yeah, louder than w810i] ) in the settings folder. download from here

>Start Phone XS++

>Choose USB and click start , follow the instruction on the left .

>choose FSX from bottom

>Click "start FSX"

>When it ask for Brekin or Bruteforcing , Click "Yes" For Brekin

>Follow the instruction on the left , Don't panic at any time

>when it says Disconnect the phone , Disconnect and Replace the battery for a refresh

>Start the phone

>Wow New Cam driver and acoustic are ready, Really kool

Check using >*<<*<* look for Camera SW version .

Top Bottom