how to connect ibook to nokia mobile

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
i have a ibook and a nokia e7.when i connect mobile through data cable it says no driver found for device.when i try to install nokia pc suite it can't install.pls help how to connect to use internet.

gameranand

Living to Play
What happened when you tried to install Nokia PC suite??? Try to install Ovi Suite instead and see what happens.

OP
Gaurav265

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
it says not valid excutable for windows c

i dont know whis os is installed in it.

how to find its driver

Scientia Wiz

In Shameful Misery
Mobile phones come in two varieties, analog and digital.

Analog phones closely resemble the land line telephone network that we are most familiar with. Some mobile phones allow you to connect the phone to the internal modem of a PowerBook or iBook. Although this may work, Apple does not provide support for it.

Digital mobile phones are unable to use the internal modem in PowerBook and iBook computers because their modems are designed to be used with an analog telephone network, and not the digital network mobile phones use. Some vendors of mobile phones offer PC cards and cables that provide an interface with the mobile phone that simulates an analog modem. Check with your mobile phone vendor and mobile phone operator for options and accessories that work with your computer.

Question: The Mac OS 8.6 specifications say:
"IrDa capabilities - Lets you check email using a compatible PowerBook and an IrDa-capable Nokia or Ericsson mobile phone (ISP required)."
How can I do this? Also, after updating my IrDA capable Macintosh to Mac OS 8.6, I noticed I have two new modem scripts, Ericsson Infrared and Nokia Infrared. What are these for?

Answer: Certain digital mobile phones, such as the Nokia 7110 and the Ericsson SH888 contain built in data communications capabilities. In order to take advantage of this feature, a serial connection between the computer and the phone must be established. One possible connection method is to use a serial cable that connects the phone to a serial port on the computer.

You can also use the IrDA port on the PowerBook and the phone to make a serial connection. Mac OS 8.6 can use the IrDA port as a serial port. In the Modem control panel, select "Infrared Port" in the Connect via pop-up menu. Select Ericsson Infrared, Nokia Infrared, or another modem script provided by the phone manufacturer. This configuration is readily available in locations where the GSM mobile phone standard is widely used. It may also work with other digital telephone standards. Check with your mobile phone system operator to determine if this feature can be used with their service.

For detailed information on the features of mobile phones, please see the Web sites for Ericsson and Nokia.

Notes:
1. iBook computers do not have an IrDA port.
2. For more information, consult the documentation for your cellular phone, or contact the phone's manufacturer.
3. While this article mentions specific phones, there may be others with similar capabilities. Always check with the phone vendor for current product availability and specifications.

Top Bottom