How to connect home computer via modem & use of web cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digidream

Broken In
Hi Techies,

I have a computer running in my office on WIN XP Home environment. I want to connect my home computer to my office computer & also want to see my son playing in home through web cam.

Both computers have modem. Home computer have WIN XP pro. Both are in same city. Can I use Yahoo messenger for this purpose without connecting to internet?

I'll be highly obliged for ur answers.

R Singh...

theraven

Technomancer
hmm
im not sure what u mean
so my answers might not be what u require
to see ur son at home ... well both of u connect to yahoo messenger and ask someone at home to send u an invite ... and leave it on .. so u can see
as for connectin the 2 pcs
u can create a virtual private network
u can also use software like pc anywhere to connect and even control the home computer from ur office comp
hope this is helpful

OP
D

digidream

Broken In
Thanks for answer,

let me clear my query.

I want to connect home computer through direct dial the phone no. attached to home computer. To use yahoo messenger both computer have to connect the Internet, which'll increase the running cost. Then I want to use data on my home computer. My main concern is that I want to see my son playing in home through web cam in my office computer. Does yahoo messenger or any other IM allow these type of communication without connecting to the Internet.

Hope I clear my query.

Thanks, R Singh......

amistik

Broken In
You can connect with your home computer. For this you have to set Home computer as Server - to answer your modem call- and your office computer as client - originate the cal. While configuring your home computer- create a user with dialup permission for logon from office.
You can bring your home computer desktop to your office pc using windows netmeeting or terminal client.
You can also use Remote Anything. I like this coz it has a small footprint (300KB). Load slave portion in home computer and server in office. After modem connection invoke Server and connect to your home computer. Its brings the desktop to your office and then you can lunch web cam viewr to watch your son.
One draw back for trial version of remote anything is that you can connect one computer at a time and connction persist for 5 min. after five min you have to run server again. I use this to monitor and check IIS condition for Windows Servers and client from using 33kbps line.

Hope this may help

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
just use netmeeting and you will have a video conf (low quality as BW is low) i do the same thing to see my daughter in kolkata from bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom