How to change Windows XP edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medox

Right off the assembly line
can someone tell me how can i change the edition information of my windows xp in the sysem properties windows (control panel -> system). now i have "microsoft windows xp professional" version 2002 and sp2, i wanna change this info, to have ex version 2006, and windows xp "other" edition. i don't know if it's possible what sofware do i need

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I am not sure which file to be exact, but you need ResHack to do so. Also I worry changing the type of XP may affect some programs...

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Get a XP+MCE april/May edition from u-know-where and u'll get what u want.
BTW, y do u wanna change....r they banning all ppl with XP 2002 in Romania :p

champ_rock

champ_rock
MysticHalo said:
Get a XP+MCE april/May edition from u-know-where and u'll get what u want.
BTW, y do u wanna change....r they banning all ppl with XP 2002 in Romania :p

@mystichalo ... if he wanted to get a new windows then he would not have asked for changing the version..... he would simply have got the new one and installed it....

OP
M

Medox

i also have the mce but it's not installed, maybe this week or the next
i just want to change that info in the system properties window and not in all places where windows xp pro is written, than maybe some programs will not work, just in system pro window, a tool that can change me windows xp install kit to the edition i want would be also cool, when i install windows it should have sp2 already installed and the edition i want in the system propreties window.

OP
M

Medox

tell me the files that i can change with resource hacker
what file contains the info from the system properties window?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
look for the file sysdm at root\windows\system32 folder.... back it up then edit it, look for Dialog/101/1033 ;) ... and rest u play and u understand :p

Resource Hacker

MegaD3th3K

Broken In
use regedit
goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and change whatever u want. shud work acc to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom