How to become an architect.

well , ppl i want to become an architect , and im in 9th class . what should i chose in 11th to become an architect?
and yes im thinking bout something other too as im on TDF so im passionate about computers but don't want to come a computer engineer but architecture looks like my thingy as i like science and art so u people suggest what can i be other than an architect and ye i scored a 90.4% in 8th and 91.3% in 7th so i don't think im average and wont be able to do the architectural course ... pls people suggest me something !

pls people reply fast !

bump !

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
i am in 10th now so wats the procedure to become an architect now ?

Its nice that you have a vision. Atleast you know what you want. Having said so, you cant become an architect overnight or in an year or even couple of years from now.

You need to go and grow through your regular studies first. Complete your 12th grade and I am sure you will know what to do next by then.
Worry less, study hard.

wat about coaching i just can convince my mom .. she wants me to go for coaching classes as one of my elder sister had to drop an year for that so shes worried... wat to do ! is coaching that important ?

sksundram

In the zone
Well it depends. If you are eyeing on cracking JEE, try solving 11/12th Maths questions first. Is it too much? Nope, when you target a goal that high. Learn and teach. That's the best way to hold a command. You have plenty of time to crack JEE. Start today.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
well , ppl i want to become an architect , and im in 9th class . what should i chose in 11th to become an architect?
and yes im thinking bout something other too as im on TDF so im passionate about computers but don't want to come a computer engineer but architecture looks like my thingy as i like science and art so u people suggest what can i be other than an architect and ye i scored a 90.4% in 8th and 91.3% in 7th so i don't think im average and wont be able to do the architectural course ... pls people suggest me something !

pls people reply fast !

bump !

You have design strata in your mind?
Go for architecture
(Note:Common misconception Architecture is not really related to building design only)

Procedure:
-10+2 in reputed college(CBSE preferred) or good HSC colleges
-Find some tutors/coaching who will train you for NATA(National Aptitude Test for Architecture),ArchCET(Statewise),
AIEEE Paper 2
-Get good score 80+(Merit counted while procuring admission) in boards

-Aim for 120+ in NATA(pretty difficult )
(Last year topper-145/200 or 250
Dnt knw exactly)

Top Architecture Colleges in India
1.Centre for Environment and Planning(CEPT),Ahmedabad~90% admission through Guj Arch CET
10% NATA(4 outer state seats)

2.School of Architecture and Planning
(SPA),Gujarat

3.JJ School of Arts,Mumbai
~ Direct admission through Maharashtra Architecture CET

4.Rachna,Mumbai~Same as above

5.Sihagad College of Architecture,Pune~
NATA+12 Board

Besides this there are NITs

All the best

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Sorry may be off topic.
Is there any special quota in B.Arch for Arch Diploma student ?
Cracking JEE is not possible for Diploma student 10+3.
Or any other opportunity to get better degree(like Distance Education) in Arch while working ?

so what procedure should i follow to accomplish my goal for cracking JEE ? i will start in 11th cuz i have to suty hard for my 10th sa2 which are after 1 month ....
@kunalgujrathi i dont think so that there is AIEEE now it has changed to JEE since April 2013 .....

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Sorry may be off topic.
Is there any special quota in B.Arch for Arch Diploma student ?
Cracking JEE is not possible for Diploma student 10+3.
Or any other opportunity to get better degree(like Distance Education) in Arch while working ?

No idea but may be like engineering
Diploma students get direct admission in S.Y.BArch upon your diploma merit

Better enquire with colleges.Catch an experienced professor and ask all your queries.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
so what procedure should i follow to accomplish my goal for cracking JEE ? i will start in 11th cuz i have to suty hard for my 10th sa2 which are after 1 month ....
@kunalgujrathi i dont think so that there is AIEEE now it has changed to JEE since April 2013 .....
Better decide if you wanna become architect or engineer.JEE & NATA are 2 diff ends.

Yep No idea regarding that but there must be a separate paper for BArch

people im confused .... as wiki says AIEEE has changed to jee so you have to clear architectural apptitude test and get jee exam >... is it any different ?

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Why B.Arch 5 years where all other are only 4 years ?
And even 2 exam JEE+NATA.
Becoming an Architect is way to tough that other engineer ?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
people im confused .... as wiki says AIEEE has changed to jee so you have to clear architectural apptitude test and get jee exam >... is it any different ?
Yes JEE mains+ Paper 2 BArch exam
Because math is primary requirement in architecture and P C you have already studied for 10+2 study.

Why B.Arch 5 years where all other are only 4 years ?
And even 2 exam JEE+NATA.
Becoming an Architect is way to tough that other engineer ?

As far as I know BArch is 5 yrs in Maharashtra,don't know about other states!

Ya it's tough.You have daily submissions right from 1st year.
Hence if you have a design quotient in your mind strata then go for it.Really it's very enjoying. I help my sister with submission

As I told give mains only for mathematics if you opt for arch.

& JEE mains is 1 stop exam to all Engg colleges except IITs and few NITs.

Top Bottom