How to avoid reactivation XP Pro SP 2 ?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
Using XP Prof SP 2.
Want to format. :cry:
How to keep the activation file & use it again to prevent reactivation after OS reinstall? :?:
As MS is now allowing two reinstalls with the Serial provided with OS CD. If I want to reinstall again, I have to activate over phone. :roll: . Want to avoid if possible .:wink:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
humm when i was sleeptriming the SP2 in my winXP cd i found this option...

neowin.net said:
As the picture above shows, Open Search in Windows XP and click "All Files and Folders" > Look in C: (or the drive where Windows XP is installed). Click "More Advanced Options" and be sure the first 3 options are selected (Search system files, hidden files & Sub folders)
Once you have found the file copy it to the CD folder anywhere you like so long as you can find it later when the CD is completed. On my CD the file was copied to SUPPORT

Note: To use the wpa.dbl file on a clean installation, boot to safe mode after installing Windows XP SP2, copy the wpa.dbl file to the system32 folder (in this case C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32) and restart the system (in normal mode). You will be prompted to activate, click OK and you will see that its all activated if the file is still correct to the machine with the Windows XP license. (This method of activating is not supported by Microsoft, if it fails you will have to activate using the methods within Windows XP)

Read here More....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom