How to avoid bond signing after interview?

coldhart

Journeyman
frnds tell me how can i avoid signing the bond after the interview what should i say to employer so i get the job without signing a bond?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^are u a fresher?

for Freshers bonds are generally there...experienced persons don't have any bonds but not all companies

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
If the salary is 25-30K then you can sign the bond.. its a good start.. anything less.. then say no. assuming you are a fresher.

Note: Bond period should not be more than 18 months.

Rajesh345

Youngling
I am facing this issue also , around 13k i get . They are telling me to sign Bond /agreement for 1 Year , They saying if get any other good JOb in this period you are free to join it [but not mentioned in agreement] . I am also bit :( not good with signing . They telling its Normal formality while joining , i am not sure

i am semi fresher , working here for 8/9 months +

abhidev

Human Spambot
If the bond is for a year and if they are promising to give a hike after 6 months then go ahead...else you can find other companies that don't make you sign a bond :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I am facing this issue also , around 13k i get . They are telling me to sign Bond /agreement for 1 Year , They saying if get any other good JOb in this period you are free to join it [but not mentioned in agreement] . I am also bit :( not good with signing . They telling its Normal formality while joining , i am not sure

i am semi fresher , working here for 8/9 months +

anything which is not there in the bond/agreement doesn't apply. ask them to mention all details told verbally. else tell good bye.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Offer letter/ appointment letter is the agreement. Bonds are different.
yes,read the appointment letter (offer letter doesn't contain all rules and agreement details) before joining.
bond should also be mentioned there.
and fact is different companies have different mode of Bond process

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
anything which is not there in the bond/agreement doesn't apply. ask them to mention all details told verbally. else tell good bye.
@op please take a note of the bold part. I was working for a your so called CMMI certified MNC. They told/promised so many things at the time of interview. When handing over the offer letter there most of those things & also the salary was 20% lower. When asked about this was told that this will be increased after training program. After training program was told that one has to work a full one year to get salary rivision. When asked the person(after joining got to know that he is a VP) who gave the speech, he asked if I have any proof that he had told those things. I was really shocked after hearing that question.
That moment I learned my first professional lesson. Any communication/verbal conversation has no value unless it is documented.

So if a CMMI certified MNC can do that so imagine the extent Indian small companies can go.

Do not sign a bond. In case you are getting a 22-25K/permonth then only sign at max 12months bond also seek out(in written) what actions can be taken if you leave the comany within that bond period.

And at whatever the circumstance may be NEVER hand over your certificates(some companies take as verification puposes). Keep several self-attested xerox copies. If they ask that they need to verify ask that you will be available at company premises whenever original copies are required.
This very trick is played by most Indian small companies & also some mid-tier companies(generally they hold on to your certificates until your bond period is over, sometime they releases the documents after few days of joining ).

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
BTW.. hike details are usually not included in any document. the hikes are based on performance. if you performance is satisfactory but still getting lower salary when you joined then you can get a market correction ( correct salary depending on the market). else you will usually get 8-15% hike only. most MNC's have only this much hike. smaller companies sometimes provide better hikes.

Rajesh345

Youngling
yes,read the appointment letter (offer letter doesn't contain all rules and agreement details) before joining.
bond should also be mentioned there.
and fact is different companies have different mode of Bond process

The one they trying to sign me have all sorts of rules >.> like do this do that , might need to work on sunday's , Do Overtime , no specific time schedule ,

Working for ~ 8 months there was no issue , Got frequent salary raise every 3/4 months (2k-3k etc ) . Its not a big company
Everything was professional , but now when one employee resigned for better job in his town , now they giving me all these Agreement to sign :p

Top Bottom