how to automate the broadband connection???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
friends... i used to make use of rasdial command for automating the dial up connection but its not working for the broadband(bsnl) PPPoe connection.
any suggestions????

guys problem seems to be with my desktop... same batch file is working on laptop but desktop ... nothing happens.

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
No need to make Rasdial connection to automate the broadband connection in VSNL.
Just follow this steps
1)Enter 192.168.1.1 in your internet explorer browser.
2)It will ask you for the modems username and password
Enter the default
Username: admin
Password: admin
3)Enter WAN
On WAN setting select PPPOE or PPPOA
4)Enter your username and password.
Just like this
*i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/freshseasons1/dial.jpg
Voila done. No entering the username or the dialup password ever... :D

slugger

Banned
corollary topic

freshseasons said:
1)Enter 192.168.1.1 in your internet explorer browser.
2)It will ask you for the modems username and password
i was told dat i cud acces my router's ctrl panel in d web browser by typin in d comps default IP
but all iget in IE is live search results and in FF

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.1.

y so:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
slugger said:
corollary topic

i was told dat i cud acces my router's ctrl panel in d web browser by typin in d comps default IP
but all iget in IE is live search results and in FF

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.1.

y so:confused::confused::confused::confused:
That's not the way u do it.Turn on the modem when in windows.Do not connect to the net.Goto start menu>connect to>show all connections>local area connection.
Now after double clicking on local area connection select properties in general tab.Again in general tab of the new open window u should see internet protocol(tcp/ip).Select it and click on properties and in the general tab of the new window enter the following affter selecting use the following -
ip address- 192.168.1.67 (U can enter any value after 192.168.1.)
subhnet mask- 255.255.255.0
default gateway- 192.168.1.1
preferred dns server- 192.168.1.1
leave alternate dns server blank
U do not need to be connected to the net to access the modem.But the modem should be turned on.Restart the pc and then enter 192.168.1.1 in the browser after restarting
Default username and password is admin

slugger

Banned
Harvik780 said:
That's not the way u do it.Turn on the modem when in windows.Do not connect to the net.Goto start menu>connect to>show all connections>local area connection.
Now after double clicking on local area connection select properties in general tab.Again in general tab of the new open window u should see internet protocol(tcp/ip).Select it and click on properties and in the general tab of the new window enter the following affter selecting use the following ip address-
ip address- 192.168.1.67 (U can enter any value after 192.168.1.)
subhnet mask- 255.255.255.0
default gateway- 192.168.1.1
preferred dns server- 192.168.1.1
leave alternate dns server blank
U do not need to be connected to the net to access the modem.But the modem should be turned on.Restart the pc and then enter 192.168.1.1 in the browser after restarting
Default username and password is admin

thanx :)
will give it a try in sum time

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
Just follow what freshseasons is saying.

Open 192.168.1.1 in your Internet Browser

Username : admin Password : admin (unless you've changed it)

Locate configuration page

Select PPPoE mode

Input VCI/VCP values

Input the username and password of your broadband connection.

leave the rest to its default - atleast for now.

Save and reboot the router/modem

Now follow as Harvik says except for one thing : preferred DNS server is not 192.168.1.1

BSNL has following DNS servers

you can use them.

No more dialing or using the icon on your desktop etc. Put the router on and it connects to internet straightaway.

The steps are generic. you may find different interfaces varying by the brand and model of the router/modem. But specifics like PPPoE, VCI/VCP as mentioned here will remain same.
hope that solves.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
This TOPIC is going to be very popular with the broadband users!! Thank you very much!! :D

I myself made up a program which would connect to the net at a particular time and then wud disconnect at a particular time.. maybe later when I have added a gui and also done some some more modification i will add it as a Separate topic, but for now *snipurl.com/schedulecode may yet satisfy you .... comments would be welcome...

prabh

Right off the assembly line
Thor said:
This TOPIC is going to be very popular with the broadband users!! Thank you very much!! :D

I myself made up a program which would connect to the net at a particular time and then wud disconnect at a particular time.. maybe later when I have added a gui and also done some some more modification i will add it as a Separate topic, but for now *snipurl.com/schedulecode may yet satisfy you .... comments would be welcome...

THANKS DEAR, GREAT SOFTWARE, WORKS LKE A BREEZE, WORKS EVEN WITH A BROADBAND, THAT'S GOOD. THANKS AGAIN FOR THAT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MasterMinds

hell boy
Thor said:
:D glad that you found it useful :D
same here bro but can u plz help me more what should be done if i want that when i run ur prog with existing data file i should not ask me to enter the 0 or 1 for shut down or leave running rather should start its work:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom