How to activate BSNL3G on Kolkata SIM

mitraark

Decrepit
I am currently in Vizag. I got a BSNL prepaid SIM from Kolkata to use 3G because of the cheap tariffs.

The 1GB 30 days plan is supposed to cost Rs139. When I recharged that amount from Paytm I got talk time instead :-(

I also sent DATA139 TO 53733 but it sent a reply saying invalid Keyword

How am I supposed to get 3G ,any BSNL users from Kolkata?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I am currently in Vizag. I got a BSNL prepaid SIM from Kolkata to use 3G because of the cheap tariffs.

The 1GB 30 days plan is supposed to cost Rs139. When I recharged that amount from Paytm I got talk time instead :-(

I also sent DATA139 TO 53733 but it sent a reply saying invalid Keyword

How am I supposed to get 3G ,any BSNL users from Kolkata?

why didn't you try calling customer care??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
only use bsnl portal(portal.bsnl.in) to activate plans especially 3g plans.after entering your number if you get the option then only it will work.bsnl portal service is not good though & sometimes you will get error or failed transaction but you will get your money back within 7 days if plan is not activated.also bsnl portal works even in roaming as long as your sim card has validity.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
is that offer available while roaming?

Every data plan works given the operator has license to provide service there.

@op- in some operators, there is talk-time recharge and special recharge (bsnl follows it). You probably didn't select special recharge (required for ask stv's and vas), which isn't selected by default.

Top Bottom