How to access ext2/ext3 formated Linux partitions from Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Hello Folks,

I didn't know that it was so easy to access ext2/ext3 formated Linux partition from Windows and that too in read/write mode. There is a superb lightweight opensource software "fs-driver" that can be installed on Windows (NT4.0/2000/XP/2003/Vista) which enables this feature. Just download the software from following URL, install the software and enjoy the stable & reliable ext2/ext3 Linux partitions:
*www.fs-driver.org/

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Ok... now how to access NTFS ...Win XP/Vista partitions on Linux??
If you install linux after windows, NTFS partitions will be auto mounted in most of the newer distros.If it's other way round (windows after linux), you must edit /etc/fstab file.

OP
paragkalra

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
For read only mode (easy to install) :=> *www.linux-ntfs.org/doku.php?id=downloads

For write only mode (at time it requires "fuse" dependencies but it is best ) :=>*www.ntfs-3g.org/

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
On topic, DiskInternal's LinuxReader does a good job too, ig you just want to read the files, but you'll have to extract them to your Windows partition *www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
The Software was working really well but today whn I tried accessing the Linux partiton, it reports tht the drive is not formatted and asks if i want to format it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom